Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Deathline...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right, kinda feel like one of Tyler Durdens space monkeys formulating this "whatta ya wanna do before you die" "build a house, sir" "paint a picture"....yadayada...but i need to set some clear goals, as getting where i want to be isn't happening doing it the way i have been so far lol,
Um...so as of 14th October 2012:

!) I want to make the transition from part time, intermittent commissions to full time illustration - this is the main goal, the following i hope will help me get there.
2) improve my speed of figure drawing, and accuracy
3) work on putting together good/great composition...something i utterly suck at at the moment
4) Get better at technical/mechanical drawing....this i think will improve with better familiarity with using PS tools for clean edges/straight lines...but also idea generating for cool machines
5) get fitter, I'm happier if i've been exercising, but at the moment its been a struggle getting motivated to hit the gym...

that's it for the moment I think....not sure if these are the kinda thing for the deathline, but they're what i got...any pointers or suggestions are welcomed...currently doing Dennis Kutsenko s suggestion of gesture drawing sessions each day, think that'll help with point 2

bmarcel85

I am with you on needing to exercise regularly...I weight lift regularly, but fail to do cardio regularly currently...Good luck on that and all your other goals. I am working on anatomy right now and then will be working on value studies and increasing figure drawing skills.
(11-08-2012, 01:09 PM)bmarcel85 Wrote: [ -> ]I am with you on needing to exercise regularly...I weight lift regularly, but fail to do cardio regularly currently...Good luck on that and all your other goals. I am working on anatomy right now and then will be working on value studies and increasing figure drawing skills.

thanks man, good luck with your goals too :)

haven't been to the gym more than once since posting that...not good..., used to go 5 times a week lol. need to get back in the routine