Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Bjulvar's Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
You should have entered that in the chow man; it looks good! I think it would have gotten quite a few votes.
Lots of good studies and sketches, man! Keep this shit up.
ramalooke Thanks babe, I will! :D

Mannyhaatz Thank you man, I think it's too sketchy as it was when the deadline came around. I'm a coward, sorry! ChoW's usually have such hard competition :D

MrFrenik Thank you, gotta keep it up till I drooop!

Here's yesterdays Spitpainting which was Invunerable, shield-dudes in games are always the toughest shit ever.
[attachment=39371]

Some stuff from my sketchbook, I like observing people behind their backs. I'm so sorry.
[attachment=39373]
[attachment=39374]
[attachment=39375]
[attachment=39376]

And I might join this weeks ChoW instead. I should make it christmas tradition. Since I painted the post-apocalyptic santa last year! So here's Santa's shop manager. Couldn't avoid making him a dwarf instead of a gnome. He's got what it takes to create presents all year.
[attachment=39372]
Good day today! Made a little chiaroscuro study and played around with it in a diffrent way in another sketch. Took a diffrent direction, and I can't call it an apply anymore :P But it was fun anyway. I don't really like working with color overlays and the likes. Don't know why I do it!
[attachment=39397]
[attachment=39398]

And a spitpainting of a smelly spellbook, it's really smelly I promise.
[attachment=39396]
I like how those dwarf sketches are looking. They are all cool, although the one on the far right kinda resembles the main dwarf in the Hobbit movie (I think it's the hair and the fur over the shoulders). Maybe pick the middle or left if you want a more unique one.

The smelly spellbook is great--the guy's reaction is perfect!

Love seeing all the pencil work.

Also, thanks for the advice on planes of the head. I couldn't open the .RAR file, but looked up some John Asaro heads to study.
Tygerson Thank you Tyger! Damnit, I think I headed in that direction unconsciously. Probably went with a similar hairstyle as him. Yeah I chose the middle one, so thanks for the feedback :D

You're too kind :D

Not a problem! Bummer that it didn't open, you should also get the 7zip program then. It's the best! But I'm glad you looked it up anyway :D Have a great one!

Headless horseman spitpainting
[attachment=39436]

Progress on Santas little dwarf helper!
[attachment=39437]
Oh c'mon! I can't even keep up with your updates. So much work, it's ridiculous =D And I can see some really cool stuff as always. I love this santas mionion dwarf, can't wait to see it a bit more refined so I can read design more clearly and enjoy it. Awesome stuff. Very insipiring. Keep rockin'! ;333
Your on the right track here! Just keep going.
ramalooke
Haha man I'm not that quick with the updates! :D Glad that you're visiting frenquently atleast, you charmer! Yeah having a lot of fun with him, still on a rougher phase. Going to focus on making him readable first then! But I'll update soon with how he's going! Thanks a bunch for the words dude! :)

kidult
Thanks a bunch man! I will continue goiing!

Bit busy this weekend, so here's two spitpaintings. A ninjahomie and a spirit plague. Found an object to paint instead of a spoon. I'll make some tests first and see how it feels. Not abandoned you Jaiik!

[attachment=39491]
[attachment=39490]
Oh i like the colours in the ninja one. Have you thought about working more on these spit paints to take them to a more finished illustration?

And yesssss, let me know when you get that in order. Picture somehow relevant.. Mostly because I'm Australian...
I'm really liking your recent posts. Damn, your color choice is so spoton it's scary. And as I already said, your storytelling is getting very strong; from the character designs to the camera angles, everything gives a sense that there is more to the picture. This is giving me a lot to think about.

I think you should focus a bit more on the rendering process as your next step up. Maybe make friends with the airbrush or the smudge tool and try to use them lightly here and there. I think you might be missing some soft edges mainly in organic shapes but I've seen some artists pull extremely well what you are doing here so, yeah, you might want to keep pushing the hard edges?

Do you often work/study with pencils or other traditional tools? I'm getting in the habit of using the digital medium less often because of school.
Dwarf is looking great--the middle was my favorite. I'm interested to see what kind of gear a tough Santa's helper carries.
Nice update mate. Like the ninja sketch ;) Keep rockin' I know christmas is a busy time of the year. Hope to see some more awesome stuff from you soon <3
Jaik
Thanks man, thought a bit more about color in that one! So that makes me happy :D I haven't really done that. But now it's in my head duude! I'll try it out!
Haha damnit, greatly illustrated your australian spoon-termination!

bemota
Awesome to hear man! I like that you're seeing stronger storytelling since I've pretty hard on myself regarding that. Maybe it's what I don't show that's making them more interesting. Not sure though. Woah color is finally a bit better. Still thinking about my constant black and white paintings, cringing hard.

Yeah that sounds like a fair critique mate. Sounds as if I lack a contrast in the edges by summing it up. Really uncomfortable with the smudge tool though, you recomend learning it anyway? I'll see if I can utilize it better in my next batch of stuff. Definitely more aware of mixing it up now, so thank you.

I've started doing it more now when I'm out of the house! Trying to capture people sitting around. So yeah it's become more frequent. But I still use my tablet the majority of the time. Might be a good idea to switch it up! Loving traditional though, school is a great place to just pump out graphite stuff!

Tygerson
Yeaah then I'm totally making you happy with my middle dude. I feel that I'm giving him boring tools though. Might pimp them out with viking decoration if I have the time, but I doubt it! Realizing that reading up on workshop managers wouldn't have been a bad idea :P

ramalooke
Thanks man <3 It's busy with all the food and the sitting around in a couch! You will, like right now, and maybe some other day before new years! :D

Had to update today because I wanted to wish everyone a merry christmas and happy holidays/hanukkah/yuletid. Eat so much food that you swell up into a cocoon of creativity for next years artberserk-haul :D

Starting out with a bad and quick still life. Don't do quick tinfoil kids, it's not healthy.
[attachment=39691]

A dude that parties hard in the undead realm
[attachment=39692]

A guy that jumps off a cliff, to celebrate christmas with the undead below
[attachment=39694]

Christmas-beard study
[attachment=39695]

A man and his long beard, a christmas movie. Critics hail it as pretty shitty, but heartwarming
[attachment=39693]

And more pixels on the workshop dwarf, focused on getting him readable, because of Ram! Feeling uncreative with tools. But he'll have a nice beard atleast. A christmas beard!
[attachment=39696]

Have a nice one guys!
Santa spitpainting
[attachment=39777]

Crappy spitpainting of a chinese lion
[attachment=39780]

Continued a bit on the longest beard, just to try it out. Not sure what to think of it! Fun atleast wooh!
[attachment=39778]

And a quick handstudy, it's my sexy hand.
[attachment=39779]
Santa spitpainting ftw! Great updates man, especially liking that workshop elf with the giant wrench, has some pretty cool design ideas going on there.

Hope you have a great Christmas and new year dude!
BjulvarARARARAR !!

Damn man, you're killing it as usual :D thanks for being so supportive in my sketchy, really kept my motivation going. You're awesome, looking forward to following on your journey in 2014 too man!

Have a Happy New Year, all the best ^ ^
Yeah! Awesome updates mate =D Love the goddamn viking engeneer =D and the long hair is hilarious I digg it <3 Your spitpaint abilities getting really mad. Keep rockin'! Best wishes for 2014!
Hey my babes! This will be last post of the year (obviously, since it's literally the last day) I have to thank everyone that keeps pushing me with your beautiful comments and awesome workethics. You all are always inspiring and understanding and it feels to great to share this community with every single one of you.

Learned a bunch of stuff this year. Finally became a bit more active on the social side of things and there's still more to explore in that aspect. Can't believe how many ups and down there has been this year, didn't get admitted into the awesome school I applied for, got signed up for a soul-draining jobsearching experience, doubted if I wanted to continue this artsy path. But the highs have also been overwhelming, I got third in a bloodsport, met some awesome dudes to draw and study with, realized a lot of personal things. Also progressed beyond what I thought, but I am still struggling and still walking the road of the artberserker.

I've found somewhat of a balance in my mind on how to approach art. I don't selfloathe as much any longer but I'm still pushing myself to paint what I love everyday. So next year will be a push of limits. I'll have to expand my horizons and evolve into a better boy-man. Totally pumped to beat up my dreams and goals.
2014 will be awesome.

Happy new year everyone! :D

Warburton
Yeaah had to do a Santa, no christmas without him! He's up and competing in the thread now, and I'm posting him here. Hope he's still cool :D

Thanks a bunch man, you have a great new year filled with everything you love! :D

smrrfette
Smrrfette!RRRR!!RRRFFET!!

Thanks a bunch! Don't worry, I've got yooour baaack! I'm happy to hear that :D
Mutual feeling , it's going to be a glorious year!

The same to you, Happy New Year :D

Ramalooke
Thanks Ram! We need more of those in fantasy! You're way too kind, now I have standard to reach damnit! You too man!

Have a great and happy new year! :D

Big update, not going to include any descriptions this time. So sorry babes!

[attachment=40089]
[attachment=40090]
[attachment=40101]
[attachment=40102]
[attachment=40103]
[attachment=40104]
[attachment=40105]
[attachment=40106]
[attachment=40107]
[attachment=40108]
[attachment=40109]
[attachment=40110]
[attachment=40111]
[attachment=40112]
Kickstarting the new year I suppose!

Some Kekai studies, can't wait to apply some tomorrow
[attachment=40252]

Spitpainting, dead eyes
[attachment=40251]

2014, the year of the Artserker
[attachment=40253]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31