Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Benny's sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Benny

I'll post here my sketches and finished drawings, my goal for now is to draw as often as possible and i hope i'll see some progress in this thread in a few months :)
If anyone has critiques, advices or suggestions in what to improve feel free to drop a line.
This is how i draw at this moment (my last and probably best drawing) - i used to paint with soft brushes an it was a mess, my goal with this was to finish it with hard edge brushes only. I used a reference photo

[attachment=10403]

Benny

Eye study made in pencil, among other head studies done today.. not particularly thrilled about this

[attachment=10418]
hey man nice Work on the eye :)

Benny

@Jackjones: thx, the eye was done after a tutorial from Proko on youtube(i highly recommend him for beginners, he explains the basics like a boss)

I had my mind set to do a study for the "Menes, The Undying Pharaoh" challenge but i got caught in a 2h skype conversation while i kept sketching without paying much attention, probably using more my right side of the brain?
So, after couple hours I ended up with a noseless guy wearing an egyptian wannabe headgear, oversize and cartoonish jaw and chin and an evil/joker grin. And make up.

[attachment=10882]