Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Vandalls Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hey there, I'm Vandall. I usually draw characters and such but I've been trying to get into general illustration but my brain is stupid, I find it hard to learn sometimes and have to hammer things in. I'd really like some suggestions on my work and critique trying to do everything I can to get better.
That tatoo-woman is great.
Thank you! Shes my latest, it is from referance however, need to try doing more from imagination to see if I can apply my knowladge.
Trying to understand arms better.
Armor and Model
Some armor studies I worked on for the first half of last night. And a landscape attempt for the second half, I'm very pleased with myself with this one, I never paint landscapes really.
Another armor study, I liked how the armor was slightly buckled this time and I could see how the light refracts around, and some terrible arm drawings, ended up focusing in how the muscles wrapped around the forearm.
A WIP and a study that ended up being far more helpful then I thought it would.
Update on the Knight before bed.
Nice going, I'd say add some studies from life to your schedule and also material studies.
nice sketchbook mate, yeah more studies will help you to boost your abilities, even with this last illustration looks like a huge step in quality.
Thanks for the advice, ill start painting stuff off my desk and such, Material studies should be fun for tonight :)
Forgot about these, just some face copies and so on.
I think I'm done with this for now.
Cool great warrior. I like the armor.
Begining work on my Ronin! Drawing. Perspective seems off to my brain maybe I'm over thinking it.
Ho yeah! Your beaten up knight looks really awesome :D
All the thanks to you for your help on him Chiritsu!

Progress on Ronin!
I feel like I lost my way on this, got lazy, maybe I'll come back to it, so for now I just made something silly and fun out of it to cheer myself up.

leonardZC

awesome sketchbook man, i hope you do get hardcore this year i think you could seriously improve, you have vision and design sense try to improve those, study a bit before making a design really give it a fair share ammount of thought on why teh drawing is how it is, also when drawing portraits the relationships between the features are very important as well, also i see you could improve on getting the general shape of the hair better that its also a very important part in the likeness of a portrait, keep it up i expect to see alot more!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6