Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: smrrfette's Odyssey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Those glasses are neat... Nice idea with the guy on worm. I don't know how did you come up with such mean of transport idea. But man, I would love to have one of these instead of a car. :) When it comes to 2000px... for me it's kind of hard to draw on small image resolutions. After all, brushes have textures, patterns, etc. and when the canvas is to small it's hard to get most of it. Even with the round brush, when you draw on a small canvas it's kind of hard to get thin, not blurry lines. You draw pretty good and yes, pencil on paper has imho more dpi than 2000px photoshop canvas. So who knows, maybe the hardware is limiting you right know, not your skills. To be honest I do not touch anything smaller than 4000px. The 100% zoom looks like shit, but still, it contains all the brush patterns, etc. When you scale it down to about 2000px it starts to look right. What's more, imho that's the right aproach, because when you have to draw in for example 200% zoom, even the size of the brush is fake and somehow uncontrollable.
kerm - haha I don't know how I came up with it either really ~ I should think more about functionality that's for sure ^ ^ oh yes'm, I agree with you! Trust me when I say I haaat-- *ahem* dislike very much working on such small canvases... but it's all my pc can manage (barely tbh). So to counteract this, I moved my lappy to where my desktop is and I've been working on this little hell-machine :D 6000px + canvases and running smoother than my desktop could run a 2000px wide canvas lol. Anyways, I'm blabbing Th_084_ thanks for your comments kerm ! <:

Okay, so, realised it's frickin' November already (how and WHAT THE FU-). Definitely could be working harder and I will do just that! Le February is my 1/2 way point of my deathline and I still cannot paint!
Hm, have a lot of stuff I need to get done. Redo Art Camp is a big one. Better get started on it tomorrow.

Study stuff!
Ugh, you can tell when I turned my brain on in the hand studies -_-
hands from life, then face studies from photos
[attachment=37202][attachment=37203][attachment=37204][attachment=37205][attachment=37206][attachment=37207]
[attachment=37208][attachment=37209]
studies from life
[attachment=37210][attachment=37211]
sketchbook pages
[attachment=37212][attachment=37214]
Some digi study stuffs
[attachment=37199][attachment=37200][attachment=37201]
and some thingy I might finish... inspired by this of all things:
lololol good old Bomberman :D
[attachment=37198]
It's a little dark, won't be later if I work on it though

I still suck at faces and... and... form... structure... ugh!
Get your head around it! It's like, I need to draw more, but I need to paint more as well. Mmmm. :/
I need to find balance.
The key to improving is doing more of the correct thing by thinking; studies are there to help you think more accurately (dont always gotta draw to study, gotta look look!) you could look at one thing for five minutes and have more of a breakthrough than you could for 2 hours just copying something; i can't stress that enough, and i forget it all the time, we don't improve because we draw alot we improve because we know how to make things look better. ;)
Hell yess ! ♥ I'm loving more and more what I see there !
Keep working hard !

Fedolika, yeah I agree ! We look better (and more crucial, record it) when we redraw it though, but we don't have to do 2h study each time, even little sketches are totally fine ! Save our precious time :3
BOMBERMAN! my nostalgia senses are tingling.

Man, you've improved like crazy though! your stuff has leveled up significantly since my last visit. I'm in love with the traditional studies. Looks like you're still finding your 'state' when it comes to painting, but I think that with some more hours invested and some serious focus you'll hit that stride.

I'll be back, as I can't stop digging on those hand/face studies. moar!
thanks for passing by smrrfette!

Great sketchbook and nice progression. you do a lot of good practice man. Really good. Especially the anatomy is comendable. Great example.
you're making it ! hands studies are nice ! a bit more of concentration on those sketchbook pages from imagination and you'll improve fast !
Fedodika - yeeeep, couldn't agree more ~ still figuring it out :/ it's like I know, and then I forget the next day, hah. Just gotta... switch on!

Virid Rain - ty D: haha ~ mhm, totally agree!

Einver - oh man oh man... you know Bomberman?!?!?! *triple high fives*!! Haha thanks man D: I've gotta keep pushing harder!

constructicon - woooooo! Hey man, thanks! No worries :) keep it kicking it yourself ^ ^

kikindaface - ahaha no >: but thanks you kikindaface haha :D indeed, I've gotta work on 'em, like much more stuffs... 1b38f9e2

Mk, stuffs!
Man. Keep focussed! Just... just keep focussed!

crappy attempt with a blunt charcoal pencil I found lying around. Anatomy stuffs
Some faces - from photos/imagination
doodling stuff lying around
Haaands
sketchbook page, gotta work on design... what the hell are these guys dressed in?
[attachment=37394][attachment=37395][attachment=37396][attachment=37397][attachment=37398][attachment=37399]
study (need to do more fem studies and then apply)
[attachment=37400]
study:
[attachment=37401]
apply:
[attachment=37402]
some composition studies:
[attachment=37403]
silly gif of how a total pile of mess can turn into a lesser pile of mess:
[attachment=37404]
that dude you applied lookin NICE, clean him up some more ;3
Compositions studies do read well. Great job.
When it comes to the "costruction" sketches - you tend to draw changing planes with polygons. That's really cool and definitely makes the volumes read. Is there some technique behind it or just your individual style developed with time?
Ahaha love the Pelican guy ! :D How did you come with this idea ? Nice colors and volumes !
Also nice hands studies !
Good stuff! The pelican man's leg next to the pelican looks like its dislocated.

Other than that, great studies! :D
Fedodika - thanks Fedodika! Ahahaha... ;_; I promise you there is finished work coming, just not that... dude.

kerm - hey kerm, a la thank you! Hmm, just been trying to really understand form, so yeah, sorta. Though I've also been reading some Hampton and he's been a really big help in shaping this understanding. Give him a shot :D

Virid Rain - pulled it straight from my... *cough* -- but seriously, thanks you Virid <3 !

Eraiasu - thanks for the feedback man :D gotta work on my proportions for suuuure, but yasss thanks!

Thanks for stopping by guyyyysss o/

So, exciting things happeninnnnn

Mannyhaatz and I have started our DANGER SQUAD thread in an effort to... well, it's all explained in the threeeead. :D

Have a couple of studies - faces, sternocleidomastoid observation and a sketchbook page:

[attachment=37528][attachment=37529]
as always - looks better irl
[attachment=37530]

And now, ref gathering, a wip and studies for objective 1 in DANGER SQUAD:

[attachment=37522][attachment=37523][attachment=37524][attachment=37525]

Excitededed.
keep up your good stuff ! you're making huge improvments !!
great stuff, the pencil work is getting better. keep doing what youre doing, youre surely on the right track here :)
Drappery study is really nice. What I like the most are energetic, gestural strokes. Lovely.
Saying Hampton you meaned - Michael Hampton - Figure Drawing: Design and Invention ?
Anyway... keep up great work!

[Image: youre-awesome.jpg]
DAMMIT THEM FACES ARE LOOKIN TOO GOOD SMRFETTE STOP AND LEMME KETCHUP!
Mem stuff is going goodddd! :D
OMG ! You've just kicked me in the butt, need to drawww nooow ! :O
I like your ref board very much ! I should do more like that (but sometimes I spend more time gathering reference than painting actually ^^")
DANG so many awesome paintings and drawings and studies, I always feel like I gotta do MORE when I visit your SB.
Can't wait to see how your danger squad thing turns out, tonfas are one of my favorite weapons :D