Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: smrrfette's Odyssey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
also, gotta get my cinteech fixed quick so I can draw SUPER FAHKING GOOD on it.

And presto it is a girl with a "...." :DD

Srry I couldn't help myself.
Adrian - *high faiveeesss!!* lmfao you're a legend, Adrian :D!
Fedodika - well bby it's who I am and I don't think I can turn it off because otherwise I won't be having anywhere near as much fun drawing as I know I could haha <: thanks as always mr. Koala, you're too kind <3
Adam Lina - Hypna! oh yas, ain't it? Yeah I actually have the book and read most of it back in 2013, reeeeaallly great stuff! I need to reread it when I have the time, but yeah I recommend it. So inspiring. Actually I used to use workrave back in 2013 - started using it after I got some fluid build up in my wrist, helped me out a lot actually ~ might give it another shot on this desktop! thanks for swinging by with the kind words and thoughtfulness dude!

guess who got a scanner?

[attachment=62756][attachment=62757][attachment=62758][attachment=62759][attachment=62760][attachment=62761][attachment=62762][attachment=62763][attachment=62764][attachment=62765][attachment=62766][attachment=62767][attachment=62768][attachment=62769][attachment=62770][attachment=62771][attachment=62772][attachment=62773][attachment=62774][attachment=62775][attachment=62776][attachment=62777][attachment=62778][attachment=62779][attachment=62780][attachment=62781][attachment=62781][attachment=62782][attachment=62783][attachment=62784][attachment=62785][attachment=62786][attachment=62787][attachment=62788][attachment=62789][attachment=62790][attachment=62791][attachment=62792][attachment=62793][attachment=62794][attachment=62795][attachment=62820][attachment=62806][attachment=62808][attachment=62809][attachment=62810][attachment=62811][attachment=62812][attachment=62813][attachment=62814][attachment=62815][attachment=62816][attachment=62817][attachment=62818][attachment=62819]

the studies are from late december and this year. some sketches are from last year, and from this year... uhhhh. feet and hands are from this year. the hands in pen are from today, same with the green dude and the coloured wip (yeah I started it again)
LET'S GO-!

(i <3 this scanner. it's so amazeballs I could cry. ty clearance sales)
Sooooo much stuff here, loving the sketches you got there so keep on doing more ! : )
SOOO MUCH SMRRR HUHUHUH!!! LOTS o bewbs in here >.< ooooh i love hehe. Lots of practice "I can't even pikachu" girl very cute hehe. SOOOO MANY STUFF WE'RE GONNA KILL THIS YTEAR HAHAHEUEUUEhHEE
Love the green dude and the skater dude :U
fffuck. killer update smrr!
ShinOkami - haha thanks Shin, yeah hopefully I can keep the pace. I just wanna have more breakthroughs.... they feel so... good!
Fedodika - oh you! Yus, boobies <3
let's make this year the best we can! In a way non-hurty to our fragile health
Adrian - thanks Adrian, fun fact: the green dude is pulling the same face I pull when I see a spider lol
constructicon - no ur a killer update! thanks constructicon

was at a friend's today. tried to make the most of my time by drawing his military-grade boots and hand studies holding kabar knives and whatnot - I think I'll make that a thing from now on whenever I go to his. he has easily over 40 knives? I should study them!

poopy sketches and working on that piece . I'm up to the rendering stage. I want to be sure to render it, without OVER DOING IT WITH MY BRUSH STROKES. DID YOU GET THAT, STEPH? DON'T OVER FAHKING DO IT. JUST DON'T. K. good.

[attachment=62884]
[attachment=62885]
[attachment=62886]
[attachment=62887]
[attachment=62888]
[attachment=62889]
[attachment=62890]
[attachment=62891]
[attachment=62892]
[attachment=62893]
[attachment=62894]
[attachment=62895]
[attachment=62896]
[attachment=62897]
[attachment=62898]
[attachment=62899]

also, definitely not sure how much I'll get done tomorrow (well, today).
I'll try my best. a lot happening.
AAGUHAA DEM LINes killin me smrrrfetee huhthetrrr...
woah- your sketching style is sick! Maybe try to be a little looser with your digital paint- have you tried scanning in hand drawn sketches to work from?
that painting is looking awesome now! really good work with the bargue studies too, they help so much with drawing accuracy. Don't be afraid to take a lot of time with the more complicated plates.

I think the step before this most recent one of the painting was working a little bit better, the low contrast kept my eye at where the light hit the face which gave it a lot of emotion and drama. I think a good exercise while tightening up a painting is to see how you can improve it without bumping the overall light dark contrast. Instead play with where you add detail, make shapes/forms more accurate, move around/scale objects, etc
So many studies, so many hands, so much good stuff.
Thanks for contributing to my daily dose of inspiration once more. :)
By the way, loving that last picture. I like pretty much everything, values, colors, comp...
Maybe it would be and interesting exercise if you try to render and finish it using as little detail and brushtrokes as possible.
EduardoGaray - thanks Eduardo! haha funnily enough, that's exactly what I was hoping I'd be able to do :3 I don't think I succeeded as well as I was hoping... but onward to the next piece! thanks for popping by, keep rocking it!
devin - aww shiiiiet no wayy! It's the somewhat elusive devin... and he's visiting my sketchbook again?! :'D day made! haha yeah I was thinking the same thing about the piece actually. I felt the wip before the last update had more character and story to it, so I ended up changing it.
oh man, thanks a bunch for the tips! will keep them in mind for future work! also, roger that with the bargue studies! o/
The Aether Technician - ohohoh, now that I have a scanner - maybe I should give that a shot! thanks Aether!
Fedodika - dode. my lines suck ass. but ily my bushy friend! :D <3

Thanks for being amazing and dropping by, keeping my momentum flowing <3

I haven't done that much really; yesterday was a sad day and because of such events, I couldn't focus on completing anything. Took the time to myself
Anyyyways,

[attachment=62990]
[attachment=62991]
[attachment=62992]
[attachment=62993]
[attachment=62994]
[attachment=62995]

I'm calling this done! I have a lot to learn and this piece helped me figure out where to begin studying to get better at digital
am I happy with the outcome? somewhat. I loved just going guerilla with my brush strokes for most of the time
but how it turned out? mm, well, that's why I've gotta do more!

[attachment=63318]

stay cool, daggers.

o/
I really like the contrast of the warm and cool colours in that last digital painting, it works well.
Great stuff , i'm loving your lines work .. keep it up
art44 - thanks art44, will do!
StardustLarva - thank you man!

I read a cool quote on Twitter:

"Failure is success, if we learn"

so right now I'm straight up failing with my drawings because I'm not thinking and trying to evaluate why I suck. gotta change that fahk! so sick of shitty, mindless drawings.

[attachment=63082]
[attachment=63083]
[attachment=63084]

and some failed hands

[attachment=63080]
[attachment=63081]

and a wip thing
[attachment=63085]

JASJDHFILABGFIOERAFIHSDKC.asdoiJIO;fodi
;JAsdkdal.
kndk

good night.
HOME ROW KJEY mADBESS ASKJRJKHSDFKLASHF ffff lel i wished i coiuldf meet some of the people you draw :)
hehe, I thought those were bunnies flying out of that squid man's sword. Maybe I'm crazy

Anyways, do you listen to a lot of things while you work? It might be beneficial, if you feel like you're not thinking enough, to work in silence for a few hours. Slow down, really focus, and think about every mark. I remember watching craig mullins dvd and being amazed at how god damn slow he works. But basically every mark he makes is perfect the first or second time around, probably because he takes it very slowly. I noticed kim Jung gi work extremely slowly as well, even though his time lapse videos make him look like a wizard incarnate.

Not saying never listen to anything, it can get pretty depressing if you don't. But the inverse, in my opinion, is true as well, and can be distracting and make you go with the flow too much rather than be pensive and thoughtful.

And by the way those hands are fine! Some of those finger tips are kind of whatever but the overall structure is good
Patrick Gaumond - hahahaha bunnies :D
I tend to listen to music on Spotify after I've passed the concept stage, or if I do listen to music during that stage it's on very low. When I sketch traditionally, I don't listen to anything... but then again, I'm literally just scribbling and turning the scribbles into something (usually shit) this, not thinking. But hey! That is some really, really neat advice, Patrick and I thank you for it! I never would have known KJG or Mullins work in such a slow, methodical way... that's awesome! Calms me down loads! :D I need to think.
Also, lol yeah hannnssssss <3 I need to draw loads more and get all of it right!

Fedodika - lololololololol yus I like-a when the text is-a very hard to a read :D and lol never heard of that one before so a thank you Fedodododididkidkdkdaia <3

I finished this!

[attachment=63177]

It's a redesign btw. If anyone's heard of Hotline Miami, I f@#2king love that game and all of its trippy-violent-groovy nature.

[attachment=63178]
(deciding on colour schemes)
I tried to keep in touch with the style of the game, but also not... so it was a fun challenge.

Goddamn me for working a sketch into a finished thing.

Here's to experimenting and enjoying what you do!

o/
Nice rendering and line work with pencils, they keep getting better for sure. I agree with Patrick, I personally can't work with music that has lyrics any more. If I get too into music or a movie, I'll realize I'm making decisions that hurt the image or that I'm forming bad habits.
Keep goin! Super motivating to see all this work.
BenFlores - mmm, I can't stand my pencil work just yet - but hey, thanks Ben <: haha. oh, hey! you know I just realised what your avatar is of after all these years... is that the jacket from Drive? I reeeeeeeally wanna see that movie! Heard it kicks all kinds of ass!

What have I done today?

nothing much :( but I met my main goals!

[attachment=63255]

this needs to be finished by the end of tomorrow (technically. very technically):
[attachment=63256]
yus, it's a birthday present :3
one of my sub-goals of 2015 is to stick by my word when I say I'm gonna make someone something.
jaysoos kahryst
besides. it's a good way to get better at deadlines

ohhhhhhh... and if anyone is interested, this right here.
this is my creed.

sweetest of creative-filled dreams, daggers

o/