Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Love my body 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey dudes,

Wanted to post some stuff i've had around. Sketches that never got out plus some old WoW & Magic cards.

[Image: cantsleep_dave.gif]

[Image: rimjob3.jpg]

[Image: Ceasar.jpg]

[Image: Skeletor_sketch.jpg]

[Image: rimjib.jpg]

[Image: Samus.jpg]

[Image: GhostRider_DaveRapoza.jpg]

[Image: darksouls_sketch_DaveRapoza.jpg]

[Image: darksouls.jpg]

[Image: Hannn.jpg]

[Image: AxeCop_Cover.jpg]

[Image: TMNT_sketch.jpg]

[Image: elf_WOW.jpg]

now on to making a new sketchbook!!

Oh and heres the speed thing from the livestream tonight

[Image: ghoul_sketch_daverapoza.jpg]
hell yeah man, the knight with the sword is one of my favs. i 'm a sucker for loose stuff.

Rey

These are awesome. Hope we get to see more. :)

zweiDee

great stuff dave! love the turtle sketches...!

Cornelius Hoelz

great you brought that up! The skeletor sketch rocks.

Pkmike

damn you dave <3
That last speed painting should be made into a finished piece. Totally love that one!
It's actually the most grabbing piece you've done in a while.
Awesome work. Love the Dark Souls inspired images.
sweeeeet!
You beautiful beast <3
Amazing work Dave! I'm pumped to see you upload here too! Such cool work!
Ahhh great to see your recent stuff dave!
Always loved them pencils of yours man. That skull caped dude is hot. Lookin forward to more!

Jens

nice to be here :)

nice batch of work here, LOVE the axe cop image :)
Dave, the level of finish in Your MTG and WOW cards is not even close to Your fanart illustrations. Is that because they don't pay enough? If so how much would You value Your work of a quality that Your Ninja Turtles presented? I mean how much would it cost a client to get such quality?

empyrean

I think the MTG and WoW stuff isn't that finished because of tight deadlines. He can paint as long as he wants on fanart, but the time for client stuff is restricted. And the pictures are printed really tiny, so you actually don't have to refine it like crazy.
(01-27-2012, 10:34 PM)Jasielski Wrote: [ -> ]Dave, the level of finish in Your MTG and WOW cards is not even close to Your fanart illustrations. Is that because they don't pay enough? If so how much would You value Your work of a quality that Your Ninja Turtles presented? I mean how much would it cost a client to get such quality?

Its mostly because those pieces are pretty old, like a year or so old. I hadn't done any of the TMNT stuff yet, and I think I really learned a lot doing those pieces. But, aside from that I also have a decent amount of time to put into my personal work, and I really enjoy it as its all my own direction. When I'm working for a client, unless its really fun, it'll never come out as good as something I enjoy doing for myself. Thats not always the case though <3

Thanks everyone!

I think artists have one month to finish one illustration (unless I'm wrong), so the deadline shouldn't be an issue. The size of a picture might, that's a good point (although it didn't stop Brad Rigney). I'm myself preparing a portfolio for MTG and I'm quite a bit overdoing it with details... I guess I can't help that obsession...

Edit: Thanks for the response, Dave!
this art is like hot body oil over my naked body
Pages: 1 2