Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OOOH i'm actually headin out to california in late august for a wedding! what part are you from? i'll be in san francisco/petaluma area
Amazing as always! I love your landscapes and heads, especially. I'd love to try to figure out timezones and come to your livestream sometime.
Will be at a wedding tomorrow but will try to catch you streaming another day. Love how dynamic that jumping woman looks.
Maaaan, I like the subtle expressions on the latest set of portraits. It adds a nice bonus to the already interesting character designs.

Really envious of gesture/anatomy/figure sketches.
Fedodika - Oo nice man! Unfortunately I live in Southern California near Irvine :/ Give me a shout if you ever come down there!

ZombieChinchilla - Thanks as always! Yess, come join :) I always get confused with time zones so I just say it's California time and leave the calculations to you guys

Lyraina - For sure! Come by whenever you can :)

Pictomancer - Thanks much!

So the livestream will be at 10am every morning, except Sunday. Hope to see some of ya'll there. And thanks to Rafa, Phil and Jean for keeping me company these first couple sessions :)

Sketchies
[Image: Syz9hwk.jpg]
[Image: inISRnU.jpg]
[Image: HlBwtBu.jpg]
[Image: 2rJXKwz.jpg]
[Image: RLVnpB4.jpg]
[Image: qU8jz5s.jpg]
[Image: tqZH1Ug.jpg]
Wow, been a while since I posted. I should probably change the title of this sketchbook heh

[Image: PQ60Qiy.jpg]
[Image: NDAsCie.jpg]
[Image: bFXsbNR.jpg]
full body version for the same client
[Image: 0Pd8Qy1.jpg]
Great studies - the colour temperature ones of those face stills looks like it would be really useful, might have to give that a try myself. The poses you draw are wonderfully fluid as well, really nice clean lines and gesture.
OOOLH YEA PNATE!!! GETTIN SO FKIN ACCURATE IN HERE BBY!!! Yea, change it to PNATE almost irresistible SEXXY BODY!!!
Thanks Clockodile. The temperature studies are a fun exercise, give it a try :)

Fedodika - Thanks broooo

[Image: 6kQ87h1.jpg]
[Image: CeoMBQw.jpg]
[Image: EZClo5Z.jpg]
[Image: uTZ87zT.jpg]
[Image: AiWB8D5.jpg]
Amazing updates as always, totally love your brushstrokes and everything. I hope that I can figure out the timezones and maybe say hello in one of your livestreams someday.

Keep rocking your sketchbook! x)
Cyprinus - Thanks! If you can make the time, stop by! :)

[Image: gDq1QCq.jpg]
[Image: WTIOePT.jpg]
[Image: kzbar9n.jpg]
[Image: txQwo2U.jpg]
[Image: aEJERrY.jpg]
Very inspirational sketchbook! I really like how much variety there is and how you keep trying to polish your skills as soon as you see flaws. Your linework is real great and also your proportions ( which I wish I could get right xD), also the simplicity and efficiency in your linework is really cool, and the studies are awesome.

I really don't find much study suggestions cause you're really tackling everything in the best way but I can say that you might need to get bored for a while and carry some paintings to a more refined level, because you seem to get bored quickly and sometimes it's really helpfull to get bored rendering to see where you can't go on and get a better idea on what to focus on your next stuff.

Pretty awesome overall and also really glad to see you posting more regularly, keep the great work up man!
Thanks for kind words and suggestion Suira! It is true, I do get bored pretty quickly. I guess I treat most of these like experiments rather than "personal" pieces. Got to get some more of that renderfest 2014 going on :)

[Image: 2MudPUk.jpg]
Nice, man. Livestream is really fun, I'll definitely have to stop by sometime and say hey. You live in Cali, yeah? Just want to be sure so I can get the timezones right.

Anyways, keep up the good work. Those characters are looking wonderful. More studies! :D
Are you still doing those streams? I'll have to stop by sometime.

How is it to live in cali as an artist ? There's not much over here where I live in terms of an art scene but I visit there every other year.

Always loving your work!
Archreux - Thanks man, and was nice talking to you when you stopped by today :)

BenFlores - Yup! Everyday except Sunday at 10am CA time :) There's lots of workshops all over the place, so that would definitely be a plus to living here . Also, lots of places to learn if you can afford it - Concept Design Academy in Pasadena, Red Engine in LA, Kazone Art in Irvine, Watts Atelier in San Diego, the list goes on. However, being a poor person, I take advantage of none of those lol. I have gone to a couple of them and they were only an hour drive away at most, so that was a cool advantage of being here.

[Image: sGNRYGc.jpg]
[Image: 85FVMXm.jpg]
[Image: rw38htg.jpg]
[Image: bG2AyQv.jpg]
Maaan, this last one so good. http://media.giphy.com/media/JApxkdelkzBIY/giphy.gif
Love what you're doing with the lasso tool, and the different expressions on your studies are starting to pop up, I'm like a kid waiting for the firework to bang.
Rafa - Thanks mannnn <3 Trying to get these fireworks lit up as best I can

[Image: 3hJHZjz.jpg]
[Image: OIDDpBv.jpg]
[Image: v0kAcjA.jpg]
Forgot to post this the other day: http://hundredsofsparrows.com/index.php/tools/
Automatic perspective grid tool! Booya.

[Image: PsSCP5s.jpg]
[Image: Zr8X9Aj.jpg]
[Image: L1TLP0O.jpg]
[Image: ps6Q14f.jpg]
haha i like the big armor girl she funny :))