Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Pnate's Almost Daily Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks Manny!

[Image: 1KKLUof.jpg]
[Image: 1T47dw9.jpg]
[Image: 0LSFBGK.jpg]
really good edge control and figures mate! i think i never commented here :S have to remedy that, too much awesomeness. And after seeing your figures i really need to go back to do some figure drawing myself.
Keep rocking!
Thanks Eduardo! Could have sworn we've commented each other before 0_0 Or maybe it's just because I see you posting everywhere haha

[Image: uQQboN9.jpg]
[Image: cJYWOnq.jpg]
[Image: IblBJEG.jpg]
hey pnate!
damn, ace studies. i want to learn to do brushwork like this
and thanks for sharing the jana notes - are you talking about janaschi? if so it's funny because she posted lots of step-shots of portraiture on her DA and you can also see her go through more or less the same steps, but they're clearer with your notes
Can't believe ive not noticed your thread before :S This sketchbook is awesome! Loads of nice studies, characters and environments. I love it all. I'll be sure to keep an eye on your progress ;)
aks9 - hey thanks! Yup, from Jana's workshop in Irvine a few weeks back. I'm glad the notes helped! I think she even posted a time lapse video of the whole thing on her facebook

Warburton - Thanks man! I have my eye on you as well :)

[Image: o9ajRd8.jpg]
[Image: RUd0uXz.jpg]
[Image: PwJKYJX.jpg]
sweet stuff man. you seem really efficient with brush work and how to represent things.
my "crit" would be that i see little imagination stuff coming from you.
Found this thread through Lumens the other day. Your sketchbook is amazing dude, following for sure :)
Aragah - Thanks dude! More imagination stuff to come in the coming weeks :)

lungcell - Thanks man

folds is hard
[Image: ENjLaIV.jpg]
[Image: 52pmcl8.jpg]
i dunno
[Image: bEWJBG4.jpg]
[Image: PIu8Dnr.jpg]
[Image: ZSDAEhc.jpg]
Awesome work pnate! I love the top rigth sketch in those value comps. And damn the rendering on that character is so cleannn. Keep going , ur kicking ass : D
Good studies, man; you're definitely going about everything in the right way. You know what to work on (values/construction/design/composition/etc) so it's a bit redundant for me to say anything around those areas. One thing for folds that has helped me is always think of the folds as alternating cylinders that either merge or collapse onto one another and ALWAYS be aware of your tension points, as that'll give you all the information you need to be able to create folds from your imagination. Keep it up!
matt_radway - thanks man!

MrFrenik - Good point about the folds! I'm really trying to learn them at this point since I've never been good at doing em. Thanks!

daily gestures and warm up
[Image: 4dQAXL1.jpg]
[Image: PQKwPMC.jpg]
today's warmup
[Image: Za39IE6.jpg]
I really like the last warmup thumb you posted. Great story, depth, scale, color, etc established. I think you should push it further.
Thanks Frenik! These are a lot of fun. I might finish it some day

today's warmup. Wettin my pants in anticipation for Pacific Rim
[Image: K5GrBfJ.jpg]
Pnate! Dude, these are lookin' juicy. Masses of figure studies and warm up quickies.

I'm especially fond of the Female Figure wherein the light is only on the top 1/3rd of her-- very compelling in a visual sense.

I know you post diligently, so I'll just keep dropping by.

And yeah, Pacific Rim looks PRIME.
Those two warm-ups are beautiful man! :O!!! You captured so much with so little strokes, really impressive seriously! And Pacifice Rim , yep, moist pants all around.