Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Nowio pretends to can draw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
An Armor study
[attachment=16808]
more sketches.
For me it is harder to do a study than a sketch... couldn't hurt to train more discipline ^^'
[attachment=17006]
[attachment=17007]
[Image: WIPTallGuy_zps270bcfdd.jpg]
[Image: WIPMuscularGuy_zps9843284c.jpg]
[Image: WIPFatGuy_zps7cc719c0.jpg]
Really love the stuff you got going on here, keep up the good work!!! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-1501.html
latest sketches :D

[attachment=36070]
[attachment=36071]
You're on to some nice ideas in here.

I would definitely suggest to take a step back and really focus on stroke economy. Like try and make one larger stroke instead of dealing with a bunch of small strokes. Always think big to small. Massing is the key at first.

I can tell you are on to some good ideas because things seem to be starting to fit together, especially in your perspective pieces. Just try and really push it, see if you can make a piece with as few strokes as possible.

Keep it up!
@matkaminski Thanks! :) Yeah, I will definitelly work on stroke economy! But before I go deeper I want at least fix my anatomy and drawing skills, it sucks >.<

Here some gestures:

[attachment=36082]
Here are some sketches from last sunday, we went to a museum to draw the puppets (?) there

[attachment=36845]
[attachment=36846]
[attachment=36847]
[attachment=36848]

I went to a live drawing class on wednesday:

[attachment=36849]
[attachment=36850]
[attachment=36851]

And here are some photo studies I did yesterday and today :)

[attachment=36852]
[attachment=36853]

Hope you like it, I am going to post more sketches soon ;)
Hey everyone :D

Sorry that it took so long I was quite busy in the last time...

Alright these are the sketches and studies I did in the last days! :)

[attachment=38124]
[attachment=38125]
[attachment=38126]
[attachment=38127]

I learned quite alo from these! The most part goes to textures and I also discovered some useful ways to manage your layers :)
The part I am most proud of in these is the wood texture thi´ng, who thought that I would find a way to get these done? BUt it's awesome!

And I also went to livedrawing class, this time there was a male model! Each pose too around 10-15 minutes :)

[attachment=38128]
[attachment=38129]
[attachment=38130]

The last thin for now is a pice I did for one contest on deviantart, hope you like it! Crits are most welcome :)

[attachment=38137]

here are the steps for this one:

[attachment=38131][attachment=38132]
[attachment=38133]
[attachment=38134]
[attachment=38135]
[attachment=38136]
[attachment=38137]

Hope you like it!
I will try to post more stuff soon! ;)
Heya Nowio!
Have I ever told you that I lav u because you have Abe as your avatar <3 <3 ? So much respect!

Anyways, dude, you obviously pay a lot of attention to your surroundings, as it shows in your
studies!
And lol I'm really digging those animal studies - 'roos with baseball bats?! HAHA

This last piece looks goood! Congrats man :)
My only crit is that you may need to look our for your edges. May need to switch up your brushes for different surfaces. Or combine brushes, etc

Other than that, good work!

Keep it up ~
@ smrrfette: Thank you! Yeah Abe is just awesome, think of repainting him as an avatar :D Well I resetted my brushes as I want to learn how to create my own... and it is just unbelievably tempting to just download someone elses brushes... but it's not gonna happen until I fully understand how to create and use my own ;)

Here are my newest sketches, thinking on drawing something roman themed... we'll see :D

[attachment=40764]
[attachment=40766]
[attachment=40767]
Hell yeah! Roman legionnaires are always a plus in my book! Are you going to keep it grounded to historical armors or go a in a more imaginative route?

Amazing job on the indoor stuff you did before. Carried out the play between edges and textures really well. I think that could've been translated over to the gladiator piece and even the roman you're doing right now. So I agree with smrrfette! So as a suggestion I'd start off with trying to restrict all the textured brushes to either emphasize the focal point or have it only in the light. Otherwise the eye goes around everywhere looking for a solid place to rest.

And I agree with you aswell, might be a good idea to get comfortable with the default brushes and create your own tools that you need. Otherwise you have a bunch of different brushes for things you never paint :P
Bjulvar
I think I will go mostly grounded to historical armor and then tweak some little details if nessessary :)
And thanks for the kind words on the interior studies, haven't done these in a while but gonna get to these tomorrow or at the weekend to get back into the mood, then maybe use some of the techniques on the roman legionaires ;)

Here are the todays sketches but because I was way too lazy it's just a few...

Some gesture sketches for warming up and then a couple quick studies from photos

[attachment=40916]
[attachment=40917]
[attachment=40919]
[attachment=40920]
Some random chick face study :)

[attachment=41071]
Trying to apply the last study, drew this out of memory and played a bit with the helmet. Gonna leave it like this for now, maybe gonna pick it up later :)

[attachment=41173]
The last three posts I think are big steps up. I would suggest that whatever you are doing brush wise in those, keep doing that because it looks really nice.

Just keep on with those gesture drawings. I would also suggest (even though I personally don't like this suggestion, but it really does help) to do some master studies. Try and search for some artists that you are particularly interested in and try and see how they lay down their strokes. Pay attention to each stroke you put down and be more mindful of using long sweeping strokes at first and then get closer and closer as you paint. Refining more and more. I wish I'd studied this more early on as it would've improved me quite a bit.
Either way, just keep it up more and more! :)
matkaminski Thanks alot! I am still playing around and try to find a way of how I am most comfortable drawing and which brushes and techniques I prefer to use, so probably there may be not so much consistency as brushes go. And yeah I though of doing some master studies and I most surely will ;)

Here are the todays sketches!
Did a bunch of 90sek gestures and then went to some longer ones, probably 10-15min :D

[attachment=41259][attachment=41260]
[attachment=41261][attachment=41262]

And here is a sketch I did on a painting I am planning to do. Here I am just tried to get comfortable with roman legionaires but then it went crazy and a wild zyclops appeared!
The first one is just where I tried to get the idea out and as I had it down I tried to play with the perspective to get it more dynamic :)

[attachment=41264]
[attachment=41266]
Your quick gestures have a ton of energy and as a result read really well and look really good.
The energy gets a little lost in the more fully rendered pencil pieces that you've done here.
Try and limit yourself for a little bit to the amount of strokes you can use in a piece. One way I've found to alleviate this is by using vine charcoal. Just make sure that you have a can of hairspray or spray fixative nearby to make sure that the media doesn't smear to all hell.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7