Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Hello Buoy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Edbuoy

Hi. My name is Ed (not really), and I am not a good artist (really). Better artists make me feel bad (rlyrly) and the only person I know that draws as well threatened to ground me and send me to my room if I didn't join. (Nexuunrly)

But I do love to draw. As a child, I drew on walls, cardboard in markers, painted, and all that. When I see great artists that say they've been drawing/painting since they were little, this doesn't occur to me though. I stopped at 13, feeling as if I could never get any better since I did the same thing over and over again. I feel as if I didn't start drawing again for a good reason. Others start to learn because it's a dream of theirs, because they love it and need it.

Me? I started last year, late July (the 28th, to be exact), because I wanted to draw a sequential comic. So, yeah, um, I don't feel very deserving. But naturally, over time the desire to make that comic disappeared, and now I just want to get past gestures. Oyvey.

I told myself then it was going to be a long road before I could draw, but I don't think I knew then, and I still don't think I know now. I consider myself a doodler, not an artist, so I'm a work in progress, but at least a WIP is better than something you never bothered to put any effort into.

Thank you.
Welcome to crimson daggers, my buoy.

It's time for a new age!