Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Bloodsports # 5: Princess Mononoke
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I chose Mononoke hime since it´s the one I know the most, watched it a few times and came with a few thumbnails of what it might look like if made into another movie. I am not sure about the style yet, but I think I´ll try to be close to realism or something similar. It is my weak point afterall ^_^

[attachment=445]

I think I am going to stick with #6, #7, #12, #15 or #17, and maybe #14. I´m gonna try messing with them and combining too...

Jagged

I'm liking #3 the leaves frame the picture and point your eye towards the focal and the strong background light will make the character pop.

I think #6 doesn't really work as a poster it's more concept/environment art. If the character has her back towards the viewer you'll have to bring her closer to the centre of the canvas like this (below) because the viewer wont beable to make an immediate connection with her.
[Image: inception.jpg]

My favourite ones so far are 1, 3, 7 (with something adding on the left side), 9 and 13.

So for now, it all came to these.. 3 of them are nearly the same, but are the most action based, there is the classic half-portrait, two iconic looking poses everyone knows Mononoke hime for and a more of fairytale-ish "i see a spirit" thing... Don´t know which to do yet...

[attachment=460]

Jeffers

(01-30-2012, 08:35 AM)Naevea Wrote: [ -> ]So for now, it all came to these.. 3 of them are nearly the same, but are the most action based, there is the classic half-portrait, two iconic looking poses everyone knows Mononoke hime for and a more of fairytale-ish "i see a spirit" thing... Don´t know which to do yet...

I like #1 and #4 They could both work really well. In my opinion. I don't think that you should include the deer god in the design. here is why: You don't see the deer god until about half way or a quarter of the way into the film, and even then you only see his silhouette. That left a lot to the imagination which I thought was quite nice. Having him appear on the cover (especially as the nightwalker) I feel reveals too much about film. I remember from when I watched it (couple of days ago) when they spoke about the deer god for the first time, I got little excited because I didn't know what he looked like.

You could try hinting the deer god like in #3 and #6 but I think too much detail could spoil the fun.

I would recommend taking #1 #3 and #3 farther.
Hope that helps you :)
[attachment=477]

Came to these... I obviously like the first one the most, but the second one would work too.. there is just a problem with the silhouette, because the wolf is white... The third is not the worst either, but I am still not sure....