Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: SweatBook - Wet & Messy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So here we go, these studies(all are from photos) are my first real attempts to learn something from drawing

i would be honored if you guys tell me what you think and critique the hell outta me :)

so here we go

[attachment=23945]
[attachment=23944][attachment=23946]

More to come really soon!

Still not sure on how to go about this study business but i'll get there

SpectreX

Hey!

Great start with the studies!

The tip I got for studies was this: Keep in mind what you want to achieve with the study. Do you want to learn the color, the anatomy, the ....

Also a great read on studies from is from JakeB here on the forums: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-678-page-14.html Scroll a bit down, it's the long post. You can't miss it ;)

Keep it up! ^^
(05-27-2013, 05:39 AM)SpectreX Wrote: [ -> ]Hey!

Great start with the studies!

The tip I got for studies was this: Keep in mind what you want to achieve with the study. Do you want to learn the color, the anatomy, the ....

Also a great read on studies from is from JakeB here on the forums: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-678-page-14.html Scroll a bit down, it's the long post. You can't miss it ;)

Keep it up! ^^

Read it! Makes sense, i just feel like working from my imagination is leagues behind what i can do in studies :P

also while i was messing around with my music library for tomorrow i was trying to do some kind of ball study from my imagination

this was mad fast so it's probably wrong i need to look up some reference of a ball to compare :P

but i'll post it here for you guys to check out!

and thanks for Posting in my SB :D

one more ball study this one with Ref never painted a Chromy reflective metal before...

pretty tough tried my hardest not to suck at it

it's pretty hard to get that shinny look :o
In regards to our private shouts, I think four hours is a normal amount of time to commit to a study, but after a certain point the rate of learning decreases for every hour spent on a subject. If you want to spend 20 hours on a single study, do it, but you may not be learning more than another student who spends one hour on his studies and completes four studies a day.

Nice skills, man. Do you do many landscapes?
(05-27-2013, 07:50 AM)Finnjamin Wrote: [ -> ]In regards to our private shouts, I think four hours is a normal amount of time to commit to a study, but after a certain point the rate of learning decreases for every hour spent on a subject. If you want to spend 20 hours on a single study, do it, but you may not be learning more than another student who spends one hour on his studies and completes four studies a day.

Nice skills, man. Do you do many landscapes?

Huh? Me landscapes? Never tried actually... What you see here are pretty much all my attemps at serious study :@ i know they're not much but i'll make sure to try hard and improve
Uh-huh, well I'm subscribed to this thread, so I'll be watching 8|
here's what i'm studying right now :)

i started coloring in red but i'll prob grayscale it and work on the values more then color it legit!

what do you guys think?

btw i didn't draw the tatto xD i will just not now i'll do it when i'm coloring :)
so i think i'm going to leave it like this... it's already about to hit the 6h mark and i'd rather do more then keep hammering this one!

that said i'm kinda happy with how it looks...

Problem areas that i can see it's mostly the hair... need to practice it a lot more!

also need to do anatomy studies so i can get more precise muscle placement and not all just reference and BS :P

also i could push my values a bit more i think... hmn idk

also i did not do the tattoo and used the reference one... i feel shame running all trough my body

*shiver*

[attachment=24053]
lol, she's looking like the "bit-more-crazy"-version of my girlfriend, she is probably reading this: HIII!

i cant really tell why but i love the expression...its so dumb and naughty :P

but well done so far!

you could raise the resolution, put more details in and play with contrast, imho!
(05-28-2013, 03:28 AM)janvonfrosta Wrote: [ -> ]lol, she's looking like the "bit-more-crazy"-version of my girlfriend, she is probably reading this: HIII!

i cant really tell why but i love the expression...its so dumb and naughty :P

but well done so far!

you have no idea how a pain in the ass it was to get the expression to look decent

*cries*
omggg, I HAVE an idea, i am also into studying facial expression, i am feeling your...pain in the ass :D

but it turned out so well, the pain was totally woth it
This is some great work yo! Great job on rendering her face!

Can't wait to see more!
(05-28-2013, 04:26 AM)Brynklord Wrote: [ -> ]This is some great work yo! Great job on rendering her face!

Can't wait to see more!

Thanks man means a lot :)
Yeah dudes are way harder to study xD

muscles man them muscles!

it turned out kinda crap :/

and even tough i'm just starting my stuff needs to look better i would think!

and it will god damn it!

either i break or art brakes! either way i'm getting this!

[attachment=24105]
[attachment=24146]

LET'S GOOOOO!
nice start! keep working hard!
Damn, it's been so long...

well, here you guys go, what i did today, i'm not proud of it, but hey it freaked my friends out xD

i'm gonna be posting a lot more (now that my pc can actually run photoshop again)

[attachment=35400]
just a "quick" sketch i'm doing right now :)

need to get back to serious studies

[attachment=35865]
Updated sketch from before!

i don't think i'll take this one any further idk

[attachment=35870]
todays anatomy study

i think the base is decent gonna start values soon :)

if you guys have any tips or things i need to change go ahead and tell me

[attachment=36004]
Pages: 1 2