Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Introductions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there!

I'm a bit late for the bloodsports but will definitely be entering the next one.

I live and teach English in Korea. I really want to illustrate full time someday but I'm still working on that part.
I get up at 5 every morning just to get some illustrating in and try to do as much as I can on the weekends.
I'm married, so its not like I have all the time in the world as I would have liked to have.
But I do as much as I can with the time I have at the moment, firstly I want to improve my Digital painting skills and then when I feel I am up to par with the best, then I would do projects to get specific jobs and hopefully everything goes well from there.

I want to work for wizards of the coast, blizz, lol, anywhere that involves fantasy and magic, maybe even scifi. I am also interested in children's book illustration and book covers and stuff like that as well and wouldn't mind concept art, I still have a shit ton of work to do but I'm willing to suck for a long time to get good and do the work. Hope I can contribute! Cheers!

Name: Marc Steinmann duh! haha
Nationality: South African
Hello, Marc, welcome to the daggers! I'm new here as well, but it's always good to be greeted, right? lol.
I've checked your blog out and you've got some awesome looking stuff!
Cheers! :D
Hey guys and welcome to Daggers!

I'm still kinda new myself, only really been a part of the place for just over a month now. That sounds great Marc and I just had a look at both of your stuff, looking great! This is totally the place to practice and study to get that kind of work!
(05-28-2013, 05:26 PM)SamYang Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys and welcome to Daggers!

I'm still kinda new myself, only really been a part of the place for just over a month now. That sounds great Marc and I just had a look at both of your stuff, looking great! This is totally the place to practice and study to get that kind of work!

Thanks guys!
Yeah it seems like the place to be, the community is great of what I've seen, very helpful and awesome. CA.org seems to be down most of the time anyway, but I like this community more because of the smaller size.

I can't wait to compete in the blood sports challenges, and doing the studies and just improving.
Great to meet you guys and hopefully we can someday say we have worked for the same companies and shit, hehe.

Have a great day!

(05-28-2013, 04:06 PM)Rognoll Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, Marc, welcome to the daggers! I'm new here as well, but it's always good to be greeted, right? lol.
I've checked your blog out and you've got some awesome looking stuff!
Cheers! :D

Thanks guys!
Yeah it seems like the place to be, the community is great of what I've seen, very helpful and awesome. CA.org seems to be down most of the time anyway, but I like this community more because of the smaller size.

I can't wait to compete in the blood sports challenges, and doing the studies and just improving.
Great to meet you guys and hopefully we can someday say we have worked for the same companies and shit, hehe.

Have a great day!