Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: New, Old and trying...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

KrisB

Hello,
I'm new (Obviously) here and have been directed here by the Awesome Robbie Trevino.

Im 35 and having been away from art for a f*%$king long time I'm returning. I was drawing and ashamed of my stuff a long, long time ago and never showed it (Old mech pencil on cheap drawing books) and my family did their best to shame me away from Art as it seems to be a dirty word. Not to mention art did not really exist here in Aus till recently Seeing as I am old and stupid, I have ignored their crap and I'm trying again now and my abilities are severely impaired as a consequence.

My biggest issue is getting b/w sketches on paper into Photoshop format and colouring it. I've been working n colour for at most, 1.5 years.I need help but i dont need people to destroy me where they see weakness. So I'm gonna need help. No "help" from those simply seeking a target to destroy in the guise of helpful critique-

I feel privelaged to be here, the Calibre of artists is astonishing,

Seeya round ; )

Kris
Oh, sounds like you've had a rough battle to get into art. No worries, it's never too late. Hope you get some better feedback.
Hey Kris! no worries! It's never too late to do what you love, you know ;) hope you feel better as you keep on drawing and improve little by little. Here's an advice, you can paste the link to your CDsketchbook in your signature so more people can see it whenever you post a reply or a comment, yes? Hope to see you better and to help you improve. Hugz!