Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Newbie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

JonShaw

Greetings! I'm Jon, I just started on the forums today! Excited by all the creative people on here and Im really looking forward to sharing some art and hopefully learning a lot!

Bit of background on me. I graduated from Westwood College in Denver, Colorado where I live ( worst decision of my life) and I have a bachelors degree in Video Game Art and Design. I love 3d. I love creating characters. Its one of my escapes from the stresses of my job and life. I do a lot of modeling in 3ds max as well as character sculpting using zbrush. I also love just drawing. Ever since I was a kid I'd draw my favorite comic and video game characters. I have never been a good painter. It doesnt matter if its water color, pastel, acrylic, or whatever. Color is one of my main downfalls as an artist. Im always intimidated by it. I could spend hours doing a great piece in monochromatic grey scale but as soon as i try to apply color, it looks like a 5 year old did it lol. Thats why I have tried to make it a goal this year to start doing character designs in full color in photoshop. Ive always admired the artists that could digital paint but as I said was always intimidated to try personally. Lately however Ive really tried to give it a shot because I know that is the only way I can grow and become better.

Sorry for such a long intro and hopefully someone reads this lol