Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Nimao's Sketchbook - things and stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Would try to study some plane structures of the head from books like Loomis and Bridgman, copy the drawings and understand the perspective and alignments of the head to get the foreshortening on your self portrait right.
(02-25-2012, 09:46 PM)Jamesxwu Wrote: [ -> ]Would try to study some plane structures of the head from books like Loomis and Bridgman, copy the drawings and understand the perspective and alignments of the head to get the foreshortening on your self portrait right.

thx for the advice i will try this! :) i really have to stop rendering and draw in the first time... so the next study will be just drawings because i really suck in it.

I stopped painting it because i have to improve my drawings first before i learn to paint. And i really liked it as drawing more.
here comes the first
last one for today i have to go to bed. i understand some basics so now its time train like crazy.

first one today had some problems with the perspektiv .. but it really helps to draw the planes in
and a new one.. that is awesome now i have the chance to draw heads in every perspective i want 8D
now with lesser planes but i still have the planes in mind.
last one have to go to bed :dodgy:
the last one is really bad when i come home today after work i have to work more on faces .
hello Nimao,
i like what you're doing and i recommend adding more structure to what you're learning. Once again i go back to Loomis, whose books i fully recommend. Take a look at those, study them and read them and you'll be able to see plenty of progress.
Keep it up!
(03-01-2012, 03:20 AM)Sickbrush Wrote: [ -> ]hello Nimao,
i like what you're doing and i recommend adding more structure to what you're learning. Once again i go back to Loomis, whose books i fully recommend. Take a look at those, study them and read them and you'll be able to see plenty of progress.
Keep it up!

thx i going to try to find a book tomorrow =) thx for the advice and for the support.

today i just made a sketch for the bloodsport challenge because my head hurts from work today 8[. so today i go early to bed i really need this.. but tomorrowww!!!!1!! hopefully =)
started with loomis today
rerun the exercises from yesterday and now start to go forward in the book. :)

Tooth

Hello! Nice studies mate.

I love what you're doing with the heads, for drawing heads I've found these studies the best possible thing to do.

Soem good practice is to draw lots and lots of 5minute head studies, using this structure as a base!

Zelda stuff is looking good, look forward to an update.
(03-03-2012, 08:26 AM)Tooth Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! Nice studies mate.

I love what you're doing with the heads, for drawing heads I've found these studies the best possible thing to do.

Soem good practice is to draw lots and lots of 5minute head studies, using this structure as a base!

Zelda stuff is looking good, look forward to an update.

Thx =) i'm very uncomfortable with it with the following i can see whats wrong but i cant understand why its does work by loomis and not with mine.. maybe i will take a break and work on the zelda thing.. DAMN i hate it when i don't understand something xD

Do you mean i should draw from reference the heads above?
Zelda Bloodsport update =)
:-/ still looks sooo bad.. i just keep trying.. and read the book.. hopefully it will really help me
Started a fan art of Kid buu for fun =)
loomis looomissssss
annnd again
Zelda Bloodsport
Kid Buu, sweeet! And I really diggin' your zelda piece, keep pushing
played a little bit on the zelda thing but cant concentrate on it so i going to go back to loomis
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34