Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Nimao's Sketchbook - things and stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
nice sketchbook ! i suggest you to spend some thought on your drawing, i mean, your drawing is right, but not really alive, everything fits too perfectly, like the belt is describing a perfect ellipse, the wrinkles of drapery are parralel to each others, etc, try to add some variety to your shapes, it'll make your characters more alive ! keep it up !
Really diggin' your sketchbook.

I've noticed that much of your work has a bit of a softness to it, and I am not sure if that is simply from technique, or the reduction in size.

I have been working on edge control, etc. but struggle mightily, and plan on giving this a shot when I have something worthwhile.

Yesterday, Lane Brown posted a tut on his DA page commenting on how he deals with this using the Smart Sharpen filter in PS.

[Image: sharpen_your_strokes__by_wildweasel339-d6sbu3g.jpg]

I hope you don't mind, but I went ahead and ran the filter on your latest to show the difference:

[Image: nimao-concept.png]

Really makes the image POP, in my opinion.

Keep it up man!
(10-31-2013, 05:07 AM)brianjohnson Wrote: [ -> ]Really diggin' your sketchbook.

I've noticed that much of your work has a bit of a softness to it, and I am not sure if that is simply from technique, or the reduction in size.

I have been working on edge control, etc. but struggle mightily, and plan on giving this a shot when I have something worthwhile.

Yesterday, Lane Brown posted a tut on his DA page commenting on how he deals with this using the Smart Sharpen filter in PS.

[Image: sharpen_your_strokes__by_wildweasel339-d6sbu3g.jpg]

I hope you don't mind, but I went ahead and ran the filter on your latest to show the difference:

[Image: nimao-concept.png]

Really makes the image POP, in my opinion.

Keep it up man!

yeah i know what you mean. But i don't want to look everything super sharp.
i try to have sharp edges and soft ones. mostly sharp edges where focal points are but somehow i have problems to implement that better especially the sharp and stuff. Also i don't want to use the sharpen tool for personal stuff ;O. And i think the sharpen tool makes stuff flat when you use it on the whole painting. But thanks for the crit man! it opens my eyes. i in the last images i was always focused to make more soft edgers maybe i should focus again more on sharp edges. its so difficult to manage that. somehow i have to bring the hard edges in while i'm painting just didn't get it yet how to do it really good.

(10-31-2013, 04:51 AM)kikindaface Wrote: [ -> ]nice sketchbook ! i suggest you to spend some thought on your drawing, i mean, your drawing is right, but not really alive, everything fits too perfectly, like the belt is describing a perfect ellipse, the wrinkles of drapery are parralel to each others, etc, try to add some variety to your shapes, it'll make your characters more alive ! keep it up !

yeah in the coming weeks i want to focus more on drawing and anatomy.
thanks man!
i was think about doing a animation.

the purpose of that is that i want to increase my drawing and anatomy skills
i hope this will help me ;O

here is a lttle test animation

[attachment=36402]
OOh it moves! nice!
sooo i started to make a concept for the main character or something^^

when i finishe that i think i have to start a storyboard or something like that.

somehow it makes alot of fun ;O
I think a animated short is alot of work maybe i overtax myself. But i will give it a try ;D

better resulution

[attachment=36596]
sooo this is what i did mostly after work p.p

but i think from now it should went forward faster.

sorry for the ugly scribbles and stuff.
i mostly wanted to try stuff out for later.

i learned allot.

OOOh maaan that whole animation thing is soo difficult... spended the whole time more on to find the right comp instead of animating.

here is an update:

sweet stuff man! im really diggin your female designs! and im fully with you about the sharp vs soft edges.. the old masters did it in a combination! not just the one or the other so keep on doing what you do;)!
photo study. totally fucked up the face proportions.. i try to start with a underpainting.

[attachment=37706]
Guten Tag o/

Nice stuff, mate,
You did some nice progress.

Only thing I would criticize is the left eye, of your last painting, being a bit to high.
wuhuuuu faild tottaly on this study XD

i tried something different

i should start much earlier witrh color

[attachment=37786]

(11-22-2013, 10:19 AM)Vasburg Wrote: [ -> ]Guten Tag o/

Nice stuff, mate,
You did some nice progress.

Only thing I would criticize is the left eye, of your last painting, being a bit to high.

yeah fucked up the proportion badly^^
i dont want to use the lasso tool in studies
so i just stopped
Woo kicking ass man :D
[attachment=37878]

(11-25-2013, 02:10 AM)Ursula Dorada Wrote: [ -> ]Woo kicking ass man :D

thanks ;D
wow man...you have great improvement from the first page into the last page
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34