Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Study Buddy Group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Tec

Hi there.

I created this thread because i thought it would be a cool idea to have a study buddy group here in the forum.

I am not sure who came up with the original idea, but i like this little exercise a lot. A sheet consists of 12 study subjects (each should be done in 10-15 minutes) and is a great exercise to warm up, do a few quick studies during lunchbreak, try different techniques etc.

I think the best way to establish an activity like this is to do it on a weekly basis. If there is enough interest, I'll post a sheet with 12 pictures in the activities section (deadline of 7 days). After one week we can all compare the results and I'll provide a new sheet.

If you are interested in this idea, just leave a post. Thumbs_up

-------------------------------------------------

The exercise is divided in 4 different categories:
  • Masses: study the shape/design/masses of the subject (linedrawing with cutlines, quick value shading etc )
  • Palette: try to replicate the palette of the image
  • Details: focus your study on one specific detail of the image (whatever comes to mind)
  • Composition: analyze the composition of the subject provided (general composition, values, lighting, color composition etc.)

This picture shows a finished sheet as an example how it could look like. Below you'll find a link to the empty master sheet.

[Image: studybuddy_example.jpg]

-> Study Buddy Master Sheet <-
Seems interesting, I may have to take part. I'm a computer game art student and I'm trying to improve as much as possible during my holiday break, this seems ideal.
this is a fantastic idea! ill take part
I'm Interested in this.
(06-09-2013, 10:21 PM)Tec Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there.

I created this thread because i thought it would be a cool idea to have a study buddy group here in the forum.

I am not sure who came up with the original idea, but i like this little exercise a lot. A sheet consists of 12 study subjects (each should be done in 10-15 minutes) and is a great exercise to warm up, do a few quick studies during lunchbreak, try different techniques etc.

I think the best way to establish an activity like this is to do it on a weekly basis. If there is enough interest, I'll post a sheet with 12 pictures in the activities section (deadline of 7 days). After one week we can all compare the results and I'll provide a new sheet.

If you are interested in this idea, just leave a post. Thumbs_up

-------------------------------------------------

The exercise is divided in 4 different categories:
  • Masses: study the shape/design/masses of the subject (linedrawing with cutlines, quick value shading etc )
  • Palette: try to replicate the palette of the image
  • Details: focus your study on one specific detail of the image (whatever comes to mind)
  • Composition: analyze the composition of the subject provided (general composition, values, lighting, color composition etc.)

This picture shows a finished sheet as an example how it could look like. Below you'll find a link to the empty master sheet.

[Image: studybuddy_example.jpg]

-> Study Buddy Master Sheet <-

cool things :) i'd like to join here
This sounds like fun. I'm interested.
I would definitely like to join in on this :)