Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Fedodika the Koala
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Voodoo: Reaal sheet

Aight, so for the second post here, i did several (like 30) attempts at drawing Marlyn Monroe, and these were the best four in terms of likeness and exaggeration. I am going tomorrow to draw a big one on a canvas of mine as a sign to advertise with, and I'm unsure which one to pick. 

I believe the top left one has the best likeness and exaggeration, the bottom left is the cutest, the top right has the best exaggeration (but the worst likeness) and the bottom right feels like it could work but the more i look at it I become unsure. 

I'm actually not ashamed of these, and in the first one, the drawing on the far right of the grinning dude is actually a sketch I dare say I'm proud of. Studying individual features has helped a ton, and I need to do it moar. I'm really fast at these, but one day I wanna take Court Jones premium thing and learn the Reilly method to make some really solid caricatures.
Aight going to try and make some more chump change tomorrow, so i can save up and GTFO of Alabama FOREVER!!! muahahaha!
Your lines seem to have improved but you're still staying in your comfort zone, doing things that you're familiar with, or those that require less effort. I'm sure you're learning a lot, but doing random caricature without thinking is easy, drawing random doodles of animals/characters is easy. How about learning proper head construction and applying that? and THEN doing a caricature of it, thinking of the forms and shapes? Or doing proper observational studies of animals?
Remember to try to attack your weaknesses, things that you just DON'T understand. Don't get too comfortable and make your practice conscious. Just practicing is useless.
OYYYY koala ! :D
I agree with mister Jun on top of me here, seeing all these stylized heads makes me wanna see your take on a bit realistic stuff, always fun and boring to do ! :)) xDD

Keep it up ! :D
haha thanks guys, I should have been clear what my goal was this week. I really wanted to push my ability to exaggerate this week because each saturday I've been going to town to do these. I get how it may seem like it's in my "comfort zone" but it isn't. Maybe closer to it than most things, but it was a challenge. And I feel like I met my goal, so that's good!

I do however, plan to get back to realism, hardcore this coming week. I mean like ribcages, hands, everything, it's gonna be alotta fun! that and I have a much clearer idea of what I wanna see in my realism, which is good! But thanks for the comments guys I agree with what you're saying, just thought I'd clear up that I'm not going to be doing this stuff that much more and it was an exercise specifically for this week.
Again, I appreciate your comments y'all, and I agree with them

Sooo, today was pretty cool, I went made some chump change, and actually met an artist who was WAAAY better than me. She was walking with her dad, and he insisted she show me her sketchbook, and you know... When you meet young people who are "artists" you don't expect much but, it turns out she's actually fantastic! I was just blown away, see for yourself!

https://www.instagram.com/bugfilter/

If you like that kind of dark anime stuff, that's kinda what it is, way beyond what I can do at this point, but very inspiring, and carved out an idea of where I should be aiming as far as good drawings/design. She does so many things I wished I could do, like she shows the different styles she likes, the dark themes, her sexuality on bold display. It's very very nice stuff... that and she's like only 19!

So for the next few days I'm gonna draw lots and lots and lots of hands and torso construction pieces and once I get confident and comfort zoney with each step, I will slowly add on another piece like a finger or a collarbone. But I can't even get these damn boxes to look right, so we'll focus on those lol.
Fun caricatures and animated line drawings! Very nice to see such good use of motion. :)
Book: Thx <3

Whew genuinely tired, did a lot of Peter Han exercises; all of these are front and back as usual. Lots of dog limb studies, need to do a lot more, I'm still not getting the hind legs down, but the front ones are easy and make sense.
some more box stuffy duffy

discovered another big weakness which is spheres and arc shapes. Tryin to draw Proko's hand development technique kicked my ass, Hamptons was a lot easier, but it still looked shit because I couldn't get the staging and steps in the right order. It is eliminating a side of my brain that wants to guess at everything though, and it's starting to focus more on good process, despite that primal urge to just make marks and say "I did it!"

Tried another exercise of overlapping shapes, which really shows the fruits of your efforts by letting you take a baby step into composition and the nice lines and 3d shapes look nice when you take your time. Some annoying tangents and hairy lines here and there, but I'll try again and probably do a lot better tomorrow.
Hey, good to see those dynamic sketching excercices!Rewired my brain. I never took Han's class, only Drawabox, and the 1st 2 lessons (the fundamentals) were a lot like what you're doing.

Your lines seem a bit sloppy to me, not sure if you really focused on each mark and line or just did them too quickly. Uncomfortable wrote that each shape must be a result of your best effort, including hatching if you choose to do it, and I remember it gave me hard times to really focus on those excercises. I didn't post my stuff here tho, only links to reddit.

Also, you don't seem to pay attention to line weight with your boxes, Uncomfortable explained it pretty well in the Fundamentals section. It seemed not important to me first, but it really helps the forms and overlapping shapes read if there's no shading.

I stopped halfway through insects thinking that I need to do some more imaginative stuff, but now am into this stuff again, the 250 box challenge.

Love Proko's lessons as well, doing the anatomy class atm, I find those lessons most understandable of whatever a self-taught person might find in the Internet on the subject. Good luck with those!
Neo: Thanks, yea the things I posted yesterday are really sloppy for sure. I'm really struggling to correct these things, but I am optimistic! I tried your suggestion of doing some line weight on things, and it's definitely tough, hmm, but I can see how it can be better.

Sooo, drew 500 or so sphere's today, with like interlocking discs inside of them. on the second picture, the ones on the top right are the first ones I did, and the bottom right are the last few of the 500. Obviously the lines are still a bit hairy, but they are leagues above what I was doing initially. 

I really wished I would have taken seriously this stuff early on, probably would have saved me about 2 years of wasted time. I probably could have been working at least on some low tier gigs instead of maybe getting some scraps of money every month. two whole years man... that's what it feels like. 2 whole years of doing the wrong guitar exercises, learning from bad sheet music. doing it all wrong. People telling you you're doing it wrong but you don't listen because you only want to hear that you're getting better. I just wanna cry...

I knew this guy from my old Sycra Forum days named Matthias Kenniegkiet or something like that. He had a very structured analyitical approach, very Hampton esque, and he started getting jobs like not even a year and a half into his studies. Just doing straight lines and stuff, his stuff looked very... solid? Not very interesting, but employable. blah blah. I looked up his stuff can't find it of course, because I can't spell his name right, but he was great in an (employable) sense. 

So much like, personal struggle could have been avoided, because there could have been a clear path. Yea, your boxes look wrong, that's so much clearer of a fix than, "you need to 'study' a lot more."

It's easy to see how a box could be drawn better, or a circle. and it's stupid how all that translates into everything you do. I'm so analytical it hurts. I wish the way I went was the right way, but it wasn't. It was a waste of time. nobody likes skewed drawings, no matter how energetically you do them. People like structure, for some reason. I wished I could change that, but that's impossible to do. I hate how things are because I can't make them fit my reality. So I'll take responsibility, because that's all you can really do. 

It really sucks this huge ugly spiral you have to go through if you reject the fundamentals. It's like I was too arrogant to do what really was important. That's what it feels like. You think art is a place you can cut up in and be a rebel, but not in this particular field. Maybe if you're a hell of a salesman and can sell complete bullshit as being deep or whatever it could work but not in the real field. 

If I ever get anywhere, with this or ever get to do some sort of talks or lectures on art through Imagine FX or something like that, I guarantee you a huge heap of cynicism about what is "employable" is gonna seep in their. Call it entitled or whatever, I don't care. I'm past that. I will kick something's ass, but it won't be any particular person, more like a metaphysical concept. Spite and revenge have always been a fuel for me, I hope I never run out.
Quote:Sooo, drew 500 or so sphere's today, with like interlocking discs inside of them. on the second picture, the ones on the top right are the first ones I did, and the bottom right are the last few of the 500. Obviously the lines are still a bit hairy, but they are leagues above what I was doing initially.

Not only that they're hairy.. some don't even pass off as spheres.
[attachment=99087]
Well, good thing here is you're getting good at drawing a random egg :)

----
Quote: I really wished I would have taken seriously this stuff early on, probably would have saved me about 2 years of wasted time.

I wouldn't beat myself over it. There are some crits I receive from others that I still don't seem to have a breakthrough to this day. I know. It sucks! 

I've been knocking on the same not-to-be-named game company's door for at least half a decade already, I still get the same critiques. Weak anatomy. Weak understanding of light. No knowledge of composition. And the list goes on. That's 5 years of me applying what I thought I know was correct incorrectly. That's 5 years of bombing and should be treated as that. They're not a waste because if it wasn't for those years of bombing we would not have the realization we have now, which is, we haven't got the skills or knowledge to get us where we want to be. 

It's probably a waste of time if you hang up the gloves and call it quits. But 'til then, it's not a waste of time.

Quote:People like structure, for some reason.

Reason being. With structure, an illustration will have stability or legs on stand on. Or consistency. Something to counterbalance the abundance of chaos in a piece. Or anything for that matter..

Quote:I hate how things are because I can't make them fit my reality

That's a pretty honest statement.. a little bit delusional. Having two separate different things and putting them both under the same umbrella of the word 'reality' is a bit iffy :)

Quote:You think art is a place you can cut up in and be a rebel, but not in this particular field. Maybe if you're a hell of a salesman and can sell complete bullshit as being deep or whatever it could work but not in the real field.

I've seen a plain white painting sold for millions. I think what the artist did was hook a witty title to it and boom. Money.

Quote:Spite and revenge have always been a fuel for me, I hope I never run out.

If I may ask, who wronged you in the first place to get you in such a vindictive state?
Quote:You think art is a place you can cut up in and be a rebel, but not in this particular field. Maybe if you're a hell of a salesman and can sell complete bullshit as being deep or whatever it could work but not in the real field.
I mean, you can. No one's stopping you or making you do anything. But when you're going to sell it to people as a product, then it's not the same. Same goes for anything, really. If you're making a business out of it, you need to think of your customers. No one's gonna buy lazy work. They're shelling their hard earned money and expect something valuable in return, and it just so happens that people who laze around doing random sketches and studies don't produce good work, usually. Fundamentals exist for a reason. Forget all that and just focus on improving.
Feels like you're really moving in the right direction here Fedo.

I've noticed one thing about you that all great artists posess: They don't know the meaning of the word "surrender".

Keep going man.
John: yea as I wrote, the ones on the top right are the initial ones I did before starting the 500 spheres. The ones you drew over are certainly bad, that's basically the "before" picture lol. Thanks for correcting them though :)

Who wronged me into being vindictive? No one in particular really. It's more of a cumulative effort of not succeeding at creative things, and the typical "why don't you get a real job yew cocksugger yew?" attitude people have in my area in the south. I've tried being a (metal) musician, I've self published a book, and was succesful at neither of those things. Admittedly I've put far less effort into those things, but the sting of changing gears and really thinking what you have is fantastic never really wears off. Even if it's TOTALLY unjustified and delusional! 

I suppose you could think of it like the very nature of politics. There will never 100% liberal or conservative, there will always be a difference of opinion. When one comes into contact with a political view they despise, there is tension or conflict and the two may never agree since they disagree on the very point or morality their view is created upon. The spite or revenge I have is never ending, similar to that conflict. It kind of goes beyond me or anyone I know personally. 

It could be like, the way people percieve metal, or how a standard in the art industry exists. I can't change it alone, or even with an organized group; it's just human nature. And that pisses me off, the fact that I cannot change it despite any amount of effort. I'm angry that I cannot achieve the impossible. Stupid right? 

I've learned from a lot of self help stuff and a lot of it parallels with the mindsets one needs in art. One thing that is different though, is the basically self aware ego. Like the mindset of waking up and fucking loving yourself and everything you do, every follicle of your skin to the point of narcissism. But you also have to in the background have the humility that art teaches you. There is value in both. Because if you're entirely egotistical you'll never accept criticism and never grow, and if you're an overly humble pussy ass bitch, you'll never have the courage to show yourself and even begin to put yourself out there. 

But I suppose I'm conflating an ego with being healthily self loving and charismatic... Perhaps an ego is an arrogant sense of importance? I don't know, hard to get a concrete definition. I suppose you could be both egotistical in being both over confident and helpless/self loating. 

So basically if I seem entitled or egotistical, that's a (somehwat honest) front, because it's a positive display of strength and emotion, and people like that, they're drawn to it (when it's done strategically.) That humble accepting criticism guy is there though, in the background, and you'll definitely hear more of that voice in my sketchbook. However, if you met me in person I'm entirely different, hence why I can entertain people whilst doing street caricature through things that go beyond the drawing.  

Further, I will never stop thinking I am the shit, because I am the shit. I just don't have the proper tools to express it yet. I know a lot of my sentences contradict each other, but that's a man emerging from a boy, it's going to be complicated. 

"...indecision brings its own delays, And days are lost lamenting over lost days. Are you in earnest? Seize this very minute; What you can do, or dream you can do, begin it; Boldness has genius, power and magic in it." -Goethe

Jun: Thanks m8, I will APPEASE THE COMMON MAN!!!11

Artloader: thank you for the kind words man, I am forever a rebel. 

I think i've found a cheatcode to drawing straight lines. Like, when I draw a line, the indentation on the page by the pen lets me glide the pen along the page straight successfully over and over. I mean it's not 100% consistent, but the Peter Han exercise is to repeat it 8 times, I just use that little groove in the paper to cheat. Maybe that's the point IDK lol. Probably not the best way to learn straight line drawing, hmm we'll see! Hopefully I won't get a bad grade...

Lots of shapes today, need to do a lot more tomorrow, and the next day...

On an aside, this is a great website to asses your mental state, I've taken it many times and it always gives me a frightently accurate result, check it out! This is mine right now lol.

http://colorquiz.com/results.php?code=m,...2,7&p=full

might take one of these daily for the sake of record. Cuz I value honest and stuff. Let all that sink in lol
I'm sorry you are thinking like this bro...

Put those two years behind you. Yes, you did not get the maximum amount of progress that you wanted in two years. But guess what? You still improved immensely without the fundamentals. That's because you still tried to set goals and you sketch and you paint and you practice almost every single day. Those two years are never going to be a waste because I bet you learned a lot doing what you do, yes?

Not listening to advice and rejecting the fundamentals are almost fatal, I'll give you that. But again, you learned from this right? I understand that getting fucked over by a completely avoidable mistake is devastating because you start thinking of literally any possible decision you could of done. Now you think you postponed your "big chance". It's hard for me to say, "Oh well dude, keep on drawing" because I would never reveal such an insensitive side of myself like that to someone, but damn bro... That's all I can say.

Your chance of getting what you want may be lower than that of your alternate dimension "I do my fundamentals!Fedodika", but that is what life is I suppose... you fall then you get back up. 

You are doing a lot of great things here. Me and other people on this website can see that you are intensely serious about this sort of shit. Front and back anatomy and form studies? Of just cylinders and spheres and circles?? And dog legs?! That's something I wish I could do without falling asleep or binge watching Season 2 of Teen Titans! Your lines are hairy now, but if you keep up this training regiment you got going on for two more years, then I feel like you can get that dream job you have been looking for bro.

Don't feel sad dude.
Quote:The ones you drew over are certainly bad, that's basically the "before" picture lol. Thanks for correcting them though :)

My bad! Would it help if I impose circles on one of your "after" picture? :)
[attachment=99110]
And I'm not quite sure what you're getting out of those cylinders. It seems it's 'cylinders with random ellipse as base' exercise? Check this one out just in case you haven't (http://drawabox.com/lesson/250cylinders)

---

Quote: It's more of a cumulative effort of not succeeding at creative things, and the typical "why don't you get a real job yew cocksugger yew?" attitude people have in my area in the south.

Success can mean a lot of things. In this context, maybe the people around you are just worried about your financial stability.

Quote: I can't change it alone, or even with an organized group; it's just human nature. And that pisses me off, the fact that I cannot change it despite any amount of effort. I'm angry that I cannot achieve the impossible.

Why is it important for you to change it? 

Quote: Further, I will never stop thinking I am the shit, because I am the shit. I just don't have the proper tools to express it yet. I know a lot of my sentences contradict each other, but that's a man emerging from a boy, it's going to be complicated.

A man emerging from a boy.. or a person realizing he has the tendency to be a paranoid schizophrenic :) It's like a person shooting an average of 33% free throws claiming himself to be the most accurate free throw shooter of all time!

Quote: So basically if I seem entitled or egotistical, that's a (somehwat honest) front, because it's a positive display of strength and emotion, and people like that, they're drawn to it (when it's done strategically.)

People are drawn to it, only if he/she can back it up. That's the only strategy you can bank on. 'Somewhat honest' is basically lying to yourself. If you can't be honest with yourself first, how can you expect people to trust that you're this person who put forth that kind of integrity?
"And I'm not quite sure what you're getting out of those cylinders. It seems it's 'cylinders with random ellipse as base' exercise? Check this one out just in case you haven't (http://drawabox.com/lesson/250cylinders)"

Thanks, I can see it now, I think I had done that direction for some of the cylinders, but yea it was kind of confusing but I wished I would have reread it. And yea I can also see how those circles are not really circles, some of em at least lol.

"I can't change it alone, or even with an organized group; it's just human nature. And that pisses me off, the fact that I cannot change it despite any amount of effort. I'm angry that I cannot achieve the impossible.

Why is it important for you to change it? "

It isn't. The romantic idea of changing it is important, but not the actual action. 

"A man emerging from a boy.. or a person realizing he has the tendency to be a paranoid schizophrenic :) It's like a person shooting an average of 33% free throws claiming himself to be the most accurate free throw shooter of all time!"

Yep, that's me! Jason Genova comes to mind, but he doesn't play Basketball...

"People are drawn to it, only if he/she can back it up. That's the only strategy you can bank on. 'Somewhat honest' is basically lying to yourself. If you can't be honest with yourself first, how can you expect people to trust that you're this person who put forth that kind of integrity?"

They don't have to, some people will, it's the nature of politics; You'll never impress 100% everyone, it's impossible. Frustrating innit? I don't have to be honest with myself, you have to be delusional to think you'll change anything (besides your underwear.) Herp derp fallacy. The people you never hear from because you aren't delusional or honest or whatever, are the people you're potentially missing out on and vice versa. 

There's two sides of things in life John, there's persuasion and the logical side. It's like, why you can go up to some ladies, say something sexual and they could have mixed reactions depending on how its said. It doesn't make logical sense if you just look at what was said in the form of text, but if you "were there" you'd understand it in ways of persuasion.

You're looking at all this stuff I'm saying like it's a formal debate, like you gotta win you know? But you're not because I can just double down on everything because I am indifferent to negative perceptions, because I am happy with myself, because as I said, I am the shit. Now, logically, that doesn't make any sense, I agree with you, but it makes sense in terms of persuasion, in subtle and complex ways. That's the positive power of persuasion, things get done worldwide with that power.

Donald Trump is  a perfect example of it. He says many crazy things that don't make logical sense but it's how he says it, and the meaning of words can sometimes completely go against what he might have said earlier, but it's like water a ducks back. Hence a master of persuasion, he's immune to criticism, and highly successful, and they criticize/parody him to no end, but it only makes him more famous, and more successful. But as you said, you need something to back it up, and Trump has the success to back up the big talk. 

I don't have that success yet but when I do, I will put a lot of people off and turn a lot of people on by being the haughty loud mouth big shot (that I always wanted to be.) Always a mixed bag, never 100%. Plus I think it'll be refreshing to have at least one person with some charisma and testosterone in the illusrtation world.  The closest I ever came to one was Shaddy Safadi and he's still pretty tame and low key.  

So spare me (and yourself) the logical debate John about my personality, it can't be won, and I don't need any help. I need help on like drawing boxes and spheres and stuff, I don't need therapy lol. My sketchbook shows that journey of leaving behind the insecurities, and just taking responsibility for things.

(If it still doesn't make sense go watch Fight Club a few times, it might sink in)

Voodoo: Hey man, now you know what mistakes not to make right? Lol I'm not sad, I don't have time for that shit. And it's not like I didn't learn anything, I mean lighting, color, values, shape language, gesture, are fundamentals or part of it, so it's just the big chunky things I wasn't giving the time of day. So I'll probably make some killer stuff in a small matter of time.

And I don't really have a "dream job" the dream is just to impress people enough, be they art directors or people who want commissions to email me for work. Eventually I want to work on a web graphic novel I've been writing behind the scenes for years, and maybe have people donate if they enjoy reading it.  That's it lol. The standard for getting freelance work consistently and working at a company are similar though, I've noticed. 

This is far from boring for me because I feel as if I've discovered the Indiana Jones Magic Island Secret to improving my work. So, it may be hard to believe but I feel like this stuff is quite fascinating, as if it's some hidden world. Like Tom hanks seeing a boat in the Film Castaway.

Ooookay!

So, did a whole bunch of these sphere exercises, and now I am COMPLETELY aware of where they're uneven. A good trick that I discovered doing my last few is turning the paper sideways before drawing the arcing lines. Most of these are not a textbook spheres, but more like Ovals. However, I tried to match the lengthwise sides, but I'm still figuring a lot of this out. umm, Also, you really can see how off a shape is like a circle when you wrap tiny lines to show the form. Or drawing it inside a well drawn box for that matter...

They look kinda cool however, like the ATNT logo haha. Drawing a diamond shape in the thing can show the similarities two, more like two exactly a like triangles though. Maybe that's wrong, who knows... I also thought, man I should draw these from different angles. Then I thought... what different angles? Lol it's going to be the same at every angle since it should be equal on all sides and is the same shape anywhere except a funny mirror!

Wheew.. nothin like gettin up and typin a novel in the mornin...

Current state for today:
http://colorquiz.com/results.php?code=m,...5,1&p=full
Quote:The romantic idea of changing it is important, but not the actual action.

Why is it important? I must be missing out on something important about art..

Quote:You'll never impress 100% everyone, it's impossible. Frustrating innit?

Nope. I don't see the reason to be frustrated about 100% of the population not being impressed of what I do. I'd be frustrated about not having running water!

Quote:I don't have to be honest with myself, you have to be delusional to think you'll change anything (besides your underwear.) Herp derp fallacy.

Too much of a blanket statement if you think you can't change anything. At the very least, you can change the way you view things. Or how you react to it.

Quote:The people you never hear from because you aren't delusional or honest or whatever, are the people you're potentially missing out on and vice versa.

I dunno! I find myself pretty deluded at times! There was one time my friend, who I think is pretty honest, caught me listening to house music. After a few derogatory remarks, and him laughing at my uncharacteristic attraction to that genre, I come to realize that I was riding on the fact that house was a popular movement at the time. And that was me being a trend whore :)

Then again, you might be on to something. Maybe we're both delusional idiots cut from the same cloth!

Quote:There's two sides of things in life John, there's persuasion and the logical side. It's like, why you can go up to some ladies, say something sexual and they could have mixed reactions depending on how its said. It doesn't make logical sense if you just look at what was said in the form of text, but if you "were there" you'd understand it in ways of persuasion.

I dunno about that. Try saying 'I bet your cooter smells like roadkill' to random women. And try on different facial gestures and tonal inflections. I'd wager the reaction won't be as mixed as you think it would be :)

Quote:You're looking at all this stuff I'm saying like it's a formal debate, like you gotta win you know?

I am? Do I get a set of steak knives if I win? :)

Quote: But you're not because I can just double down on everything because I am indifferent to negative perceptions,

So much for the steak knives...

Quote:because I am happy with myself, because as I said, I am the shit. Now, logically, that doesn't make any sense, I agree with you, but it makes sense in terms of persuasion, in subtle and complex ways. That's the positive power of persuasion, things get done worldwide with that power.

Well, seeing you're practicing it for quite some time, what are the things you got done with that kind of thinking?

Quote:Donald Trump is  a perfect example of it.

I would argue but I choose not to because things might get political, which I think nobody likes to hear anyway. But I do see your point. Charles Manson did convince people to drink the koolaid of death... :)

Quote:So spare me (and yourself) the logical debate John about my personality, it can't be won, and I don't need any help.

I'd like to think of this more of a casual conversation than a debate. Why on earth would I claim to think I'd be better debater when I clearly know so little, or even none, about the subject, which is you?

Quote:I need help on like drawing boxes and spheres and stuff,

Yeah.. but every time people call you out, you seem to not have an earnest attempt to fix things. Sure, you do acknowledge the fact your work isn't quite up to par. Sure you do put out a ridiculous amount of effort. But the quality of work doesn't seem to reflect those sentiments. If you don't believe me, check this thread's history and try to point out the recurring things people call you out on.

I could point you to Scott Robertson's How to Draw. Or drawabox.com. But I think I'll just end up insulting ourselves. Because I'm pretty sure you're familiar with both. That said, I'd insult myself for being a nag..

Quote:I don't need therapy lol. My sketchbook shows that journey of leaving behind the insecurities, and just taking responsibility for things.

(So much for this prescription slip for prozac I was just about to give you! Straight to the bin I say!)

I do realize that this may come off as me running my mouth with the tendency to be self-righteous.. I just hope that you'd see past that and this is me trying to reach out to you. I realize it's appealing to visualize yourself as this 'me against the whole world' romantic, but that path can be isolating and could only harbor resentment.

I hope you do acknowledge that we're both not far off from what we want out of art. Or at the very least, we both share the same sentiment that hopefully we can get our skills to a level where we can try to make a decent living out of it. 

I don't think you're stupid. I don't think you're too far gone. Anyone who can point out that they are most of the time aren't. Sure you may come off as contradicting, but that goes the same for the rest of the world. It's just us figuring things out. You don't have to be insecure about anything. Or at least not to me. We all have our shitty shapes in our sketchbooks. Even if they don't, that doesn't validate him or her to be more of an artist than you.

Quote:(If it still doesn't make sense go watch Fight Club a few times, it might sink in)

Don't worry. I still don't think you're too blonde :)
Whoa I really understand your frustration, I have studied things that are equivalent to three years of my life and that was a waste of time seeing it in a subjective way, but I had no choice but to move forward because giving up is not an option.

Stay thinking about what you could have done is really wasting your time, so destroy all your fears and once and for all achieve all your dreams.

When you practice the cylinders, you better draw the cube and then draw the cylinder because the technique that explains scott R works well when the circles are near the horizon (c.o.v), in addition to practicing double. ^^