Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Bloodsports 5 - Castle in the Sky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some Castle in the Sky Sketches and I guess a Mononoke Sketch? haha.
[Image: comps_by_tddigital-d4o7afc.jpg]

What comps do you like and which should be pushed even more? I"m not very good at making a good starting comp...

( I feel a little behind here :/ )

Hey Tyler,

I like the 5th sketch [the center one], i think it can work with some adjustments.
Let me say first that the following are a personal opinion and i hope to not be giving out improper advice. If i do, i apologize.

I think the 5th comp can work with some sizing adjustments, perhaps increase the characters and vehicle slightly while reducing the size of the castle some. Also, you might want to take advantage of the diagonal relation between these 2 elements since they're what primarily builds your composition. I think it can work, the vehicle is closer to the viewer so its contrast will be higher and you'll have a good bottom anchor to the image. I'd also move the castle slightly to the left after resizing it, while trying to keep the overlap between it and the foreground vehicle. However, the comp lacks midground elements so i'm not really sure how to work that out but i'm sure there are solutions. That's just about what i'd have to say on it.

Good luck, have fun and be strong mate:)
New Update Probably going with one of these three! :D

Benjah

LOL oh man that word in spanish means other thing hahahaha nice comps btw

Tooth

Hey they look cool! I like the 3rd one across here most, the tilt really makes the action more dynamic.

RachelCham

Yeah number three from mee too. The tilt makes me sea sick. In a good way.

Howie

agreed #3 for me too, the positioning of the plane behind them also works better compositionally
i like the far right too! tilted horizon give more of a fynamic rather than static feel! action yo ! cant wait for more!