Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: It's Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello my name's John Bailey. Where to start? I got a BFA in sculpture that never lead me anywhere. I stopped making art for years. I started working in the game industry doing Testing and quality assurance. QA has made me want to be an artist again. I didn't really know where to start again. About a year ago after watching a bunch of Speed paints I stumbled upon Dave's Livestream and got really inspired. I lost my job and got really serious about drawing and painting for a month or two till i found another job. It felt good but its hard to keep it going when your working 60-70 hours a week for someone else. I still have a full time job but I can't use that as an excuse anymore if i'm gonna get anywhere else now's the time, i'm not getting any younger. I'm excited about this community and can't wait for tons more inspiration!

-John Bailey
ok a week is 168hour
so you spend around 35% of the week working
so let say you spend a other 8 or 6 hour per day sleeping that equal 33% of the week (if you spend 8 hour sleeping)
you need to eat and be healthy to survive the day let say you spend 2 or 3 hour per day eating and doing sport it 8% of the week
you have 24% of the week to spend into anything you wish.(if you do not have a wife or kid or health problem )

and the best was to introduce yourself is to show some art
Yeah i've got the time just need to learn to make the sacrifices. I think i might try tracking how many hours i spend a week making art. Hopefully that'll keep me honest about how much effort i'm actually putting into this.

-John Bailey