Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: The daily art poop group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

We're an awesome novice study group looking for aspiring artists who hope to make their way up to professional level.
We've tried to improve together for several months now, but we're constantly looking for new members, as most of our older members tend to drift away and leave.

We're currently doing evening speedpaints at 8:00 PM (GMT +1:00). We select various topics at random, and do speed paintings for 30 minutes (1 painting) or 1 hour and 50 minutes (3 paintings).
We use Skype to communicate.

We would definitely prefer to accept artists who are more serious about drawing with us every day, who are willing to discipline themselves in order to be on time and who are able to face the suck and use their frustration to grow, as we are all trying to.

Oh and most of our members are European, hence the time we selected.

We will be posting all speedpaints daily in our blog => http://dailyartpoop.blogspot.com/

For more information, please message me =)
We'll be glad to have you aboard.

mmm91492

Hey I'd be interested in joining your group if you'll have me, I sent you a message. Thanks!
Hello! I'd be interested in joining, too. I'm in a different timezone, so for me this would be at around 5:00. I'd be free each day to join in I can, except for on Wednesdays when I have a class from 4:30-6:00. Otherwise, I'd love to join! I'll send you a message. Thanks!

thecosmichyena

This group sounds perfect and I am so pumped to and dedicated to doing daily sketches. I would love to join the group.

I do have a question though as to whether or not I will be able to join since I live in GMT- 5 and am in class most days when the sketch is due. Is there a way I can join and submit the sketches earlier or later? thanks!
It's not a problem to submit the sketches later. We always update the theme in the chat topic for convenience. Just send me your skype ID via PM.

Okay, I just want to add a tiny update and share our "progress".
We're still painting regularly every night, although some days are better than others... as in any group.

I wanted to share some of the speedpaints we've produced over the past month or so. Please keep in mind that we're mostly beginners and you shouldn't expect anything grand.
We just want to build more productive habbits, help each other, be consistent and practice being disciplined in small things. 30 minutes per day.
So far, it's been fun.

I've taken out two speedpaints per person from the blog (only from the more regular members).

So, here goes (these are from various days, on various topics):

Dominick:

[Image: greenhouse.png]
[Image: KJ7i8Ge.jpg]

Eric:

[Image: 4ngaD.jpg]
[Image: 4scvI.jpg]

Alexander:

[Image: The+way+to+heaven.jpg]
[Image: land+of+misery+copy.JPG]

Hannes:

[Image: l2ai.jpg]
[Image: 92sj.jpg]

Emmy:

[Image: 4o3dv.jpg]
[Image: 4eW7i.jpg]
wow, this is a wonderful idea, and I really need some discipline on my art schedule, badly!
And its a perfect hour :D

I'll send you a message with my skype ID

:D
Hello
I'm looking to join your group.
I've Pmd my email and skype id.
I would love to join! This is exactly what Im looking for. My skype is: dennis.holmgren2

Anyone who wanna draw with me, feel free to add me :)
Hey guys, just wanted to updated the topic so you know that we haven't dispersed ;D
Well, we're kind of trying to but new people are coming and going, so....
I've selected roughly two pieces per person to show, I think we've made some progress, although most of us haven't had time to draw much more outside of the speedpaints because of going to school and work, but.... I don't intend to ever give up, I've turned this into a habbit for myself and I think it's slowly paying off.
Anyways, I'll just post some speedpaints (some of the better ones) ;D

If anyone new is interested in joining, we'd love to have you aboard ^^

[Image: 5LC32.jpg]
[Image: 5JzqJ.jpg]
[Image: flyingflock.jpg]
[Image: servant.jpg]
[Image: 12_8_sands_of_time_by_mmm91492-d6x8133.png]
[Image: 12_9_ancient_city_ruins_by_mmm91492-d6xcny1.png]
[Image: 8yNaYGz.jpg]
[Image: FEbexLW.jpg]
[Image: a1.jpg]
[Image: badlands.jpg]