Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Amateur artist must stop sucking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've drawn as a hobby since age five, but while I believe I have improved a bit over the years, I still feel I have a long way to go before I can qualify as actually good. Right now I tend to get mixed reactions to my artwork. Laypeople and DeviantArt posters tend to like it, but professionals who know their craft intimately tend to be more critical. Due to a fragile ego I have tended to avoid professional critiques, but all that attitude has done is slow down my artistic progress. In the interest of earning a larger and more loyal fanbase, I figured I should strive to evolve my skills.

Anyway, I'm especially fond of drawing prehistoric life, ancient historical cultures (especially African and most of all Egyptian and Nubian), and fantasy characters.
Hey Brandon, welcome to CD! You definitely should not hold on to your ego. I know it held me back in the past. I still have a long way to go myself but I will do my best to offer you any advice if I can. You should start a sketch book thread to start out. Looking forward to seeing your work!
Hey Brandon, you should paste your sketchbook or da-link into your signature ;-) Anyway, as a newbie I can just say that this community is really comendable for everyone who wants to improve. Don`t be shy, just post, practice and draw :-) please excuse the bad english.
greetings