Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Crimson Crusade / Mentoring Program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
CRIMSON CRUSADE MENTORING PROGRAM

Andy Butnariu "Tul_"

-experience in Traditional drawings, Digital drawings, Architectural drawing,
-class name: Mentoring crusade - Beginner to Advanced - digital art
-willing to take on 5 students at a time
-aprox. 2 month class (to be arranged)
-classes to include homework assignments, in depth paint-over and critique, discussion and analysis of work as it develops.
-classes to begin as soon as there are 4-5 people interested and signed up

-my portfolio http://andybutnariu.blogspot.ro/

If you want to join leave a comment below and post a link to your drawings, and tell me what kind of thing would you like to learn and when would you be willing to start.

Hey guys, since there aren't any new or ongoing programs here on the mentoring section I was thinking I'd give it a shot and try to help some people while trying to better myself in the process.

Since most people need a sort of structured enviroment to keep a steady learning curve, I want to propose a mentoring thread where I'll give various assignments, exercises, themes and so on to help better yourself and learn new techniques and ways of drawing both digitally and traditionally (more digitally, traditional drawing having the purpose of training for it)

-- WHAT YOU'LL LEARN --

INTRODUCTION: (1-2 assignments)
1. Tools of the trade (traditional drawing)
2. Basic Drawing techniques (traditional drawing + digital)
3. Basics of Geometry / Perspective
4. Software for Digital Painting

FIRST CHAPTER: (4-5 assignments)
1. From boxes to buddies (Geometric Anatomy)
2. .... to be continued

- I plan on teaching some basic traditional drawing skills then gradually moving on to digital painting where we'll explore, character design, enviroments, architectural drawings, concept art and ways to combine traditional drawings, with diginal drawings and 3d modelling.

-- STRUCTURE --

-2 assignments per week -> Paintover -> Critique

-Basically there will be 2 weekly assignments that will be due every Tuesday and Saturday
-I can paintover and critique up to 3-4 people (as if anyone will sign up XD) every assignment and give my best to help you guys improve. I'll also be joining in on most assignments doing them myself to keep up with you guys :D

-And to make it more interesting I want to propose a leveling system where you advance in level by completing assignments on time and making extra studies and posting them here. Who doesn't love leveling and having a sense of accomplishment ?

And each of you will have a special badge for every level like this one:

[Image: asdasdasd.png]

-- LEVEL OF DRAWING SKILL --

-Anyone can join in ! from the absolute beginner to the already acomplished painters. everyone needs studying and exercise.

- This part still remains to be discussed and it will rely on what you guys want, if 4 intermediate people join and only one absolute begginer I'll make a intermediate level class, if it's the other way around i'll make a absolute begginner class. It's totally up you guys. And if well no body signs up, i'll just postpone the classes and let the thread die.
- same goes with when the classes start.

oh and here's a link to my stuff (i won't post all the links to not spam):

Thanks for reading ! have a AWESOME DAY
Oh and I forgot to mention. Anyone can join in regardless of their skill, we're all here to learn and better ourselves
Hey Tul, thanks for taking the initiative. How do I sign up? Just by replying that I want to? Well, I want to! Insane, ecstatic Excited to learn!
(12-09-2013, 12:21 AM)notme Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Tul, thanks for taking the initiative. How do I sign up? Just by replying that I want to? Well, I want to! Insane, ecstatic Excited to learn!

Yup, that's about it ! oh and post a link to a portfolio or some drawings of yours to get a idea of your skill level.

Thanks for applying
Aah, my bad, forgot about that. I didn't have a blog where I uploaded my work but I made one today. Planning on keeping this updated form here on out : http://hurrmitcrab.tumblr.com/

I start things and then don't finish them, as you can see from that link -.- That being said, I'm excited for this :D
Hey Tul, I'd be interested in signing up! I've been doing figure drawing traditionally everyday for a month now. I want to learn to draw reasonably good figures from imagination and eventually learn all the other components to construct a full illustration from my own brain. Namely figures/ portraits / environments. I'm completely clueless to value, color and composition at the moment. I dont have anything in terms of 3D software and its not really my focus but I have basic traditional drawing materials a bamboo fun and PS CS6.
hey sup its me!
Thank you very much for taking the initiative on this , i have never been on a mentoring class let alone an art school .
It makes me very excited !
here is a quick Overview OF my Current skill level:

[url]<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s786.photobucket.com/user/Jeremy_Kurt/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>[/url]
[/code]
I use traditional from graphite to pastels
And digital here at my samsung galaxy note 10.1 sketchbook pro
I dont have a computer for 3d work but ill be glad to have a brief understanding of it though :))

What I hope learning in this "class":
Color
Light and how to do it digitally
Drawing constructively (from imagination)
Composition (I suck at this)
And basic workflow of finishing a piece from start to finish, just to get an idea how other people starts and finishes a piece.

Thank you again for this . You dont know how grateful I am for sharing your knowledge I will forever be grateful on you

Edit: the leveling system rocks! Haha

FromBeyondTheVeil

(12-08-2013, 09:30 PM)Tul Wrote: [ -> ]CRIMSON CRUSADE MENTORING PROGRAM

Andy Butnariu "Tul_"

-experience in Traditional drawings, Digital drawings, Architectural drawing,
-class name: Mentoring crusade - Beginner to Advanced - digital art
-willing to take on 5 students at a time
-aprox. 2 month class (to be arranged)
-classes to include homework assignments, in depth paint-over and critique, discussion and analysis of work as it develops.
-classes to begin as soon as there are 4-5 people interested and signed up

-my portfolio http://andybutnariu.blogspot.ro/

If you want to join leave a comment below and post a link to your drawings, and tell me what kind of thing would you like to learn and when would you be willing to start.

Hey guys, since there aren't any new or ongoing programs here on the mentoring section I was thinking I'd give it a shot and try to help some people while trying to better myself in the process.

Since most people need a sort of structured enviroment to keep a steady learning curve, I want to propose a mentoring thread where I'll give various assignments, exercises, themes and so on to help better yourself and learn new techniques and ways of drawing both digitally and traditionally (more digitally, traditional drawing having the purpose of training for it)

-- WHAT YOU'LL LEARN --

INTRODUCTION: (1-2 assignments)
1. Tools of the trade (traditional drawing)
2. Basic Drawing techniques (traditional drawing + digital)
3. Basics of Geometry / Perspective
4. Software for Digital Painting

FIRST CHAPTER: (4-5 assignments)
1. From boxes to buddies (Geometric Anatomy)
2. .... to be continued

- I plan on teaching some basic traditional drawing skills then gradually moving on to digital painting where we'll explore, character design, enviroments, architectural drawings, concept art and ways to combine traditional drawings, with diginal drawings and 3d modelling.

-- STRUCTURE --

-2 assignments per week -> Paintover -> Critique

-Basically there will be 2 weekly assignments that will be due every Tuesday and Saturday
-I can paintover and critique up to 3-4 people (as if anyone will sign up XD) every assignment and give my best to help you guys improve. I'll also be joining in on most assignments doing them myself to keep up with you guys :D

-And to make it more interesting I want to propose a leveling system where you advance in level by completing assignments on time and making extra studies and posting them here. Who doesn't love leveling and having a sense of accomplishment ?

And each of you will have a special badge for every level like this one:

[Image: asdasdasd.png]

-- LEVEL OF DRAWING SKILL --

-Anyone can join in ! from the absolute beginner to the already acomplished painters. everyone needs studying and exercise.

- This part still remains to be discussed and it will rely on what you guys want, if 4 intermediate people join and only one absolute begginer I'll make a intermediate level class, if it's the other way around i'll make a absolute begginner class. It's totally up you guys. And if well no body signs up, i'll just postpone the classes and let the thread die.
- same goes with when the classes start.

oh and here's a link to my stuff (i won't post all the links to not spam):

Thanks for reading ! have a AWESOME DAY

Hey Tul, I just saw your post about teaching people how to draw. I'm really interested in it, and would love to join. I am a beginner and do not actually have a portfolio of any drawings I've done, but if you need to me do a couple of drawings before you teach me anything I can definitely do that. I'm pretty much interested in doing all kinds of art, but perhaps digital art would have to be the one I'm most interest in, although I don't have any real experience in that either. I'm willing to start whenever you, sir. Also, I think that it's a great idea that you're making this project into class with assignments and what not.
Awesome! I think you got a lot to offer ;) It's been a while since last mentoring program, It's cool that you decided to run one. Wish you luck ;)

acidburn_32

Hey there , I'd like to sign up for this mentoring class.Thanks for doing this :)
heres a link to some of my work http://thegunmetalsmith.daportfolio.com/
@Hypnagogic_Haze: that's perfect man, we'll get along just fine. And I see you study alot, that's perfect.
about the 3d software, I'll not be showing you guys how to 3d model or anything. We'll use it just as a tool to preview how a illustration will look or to help us with a perspective drawing.

@foxfire1345: Thanks ! don't worry about the not having the 3d stuff. As I said to Hypnagogic_Haze, it's just a alternative tool to help us. You can always rough it up on pen and paper (it's actually better this way for a start). Same goes with the tablet and photoshop, I'll try to make it so that people can do the assignments on paper too, but there will be some photoshop specific lessons too, which are not bad to have in mind even if you don't use it.

@FromBeyondTheVeil: it's awesome that you want to learn ! that's the spirit ! I just want to warn you it's a rough road and you have to do a lot of extra work if you wanna keep up. I'll make a list of references and books that will help you guys study (tho i'm not sure if I can post copyrighted material, i'll ask around). Other than that any kind of drawing practice will help, good luck and can't wait to see you in action :D.

@armalooke: Heya dude ! Thanks, I just hope I can keep up and help these awesome people and not let em down. And yeah, It's been a while since the last mentoring program, and something is better than nothing, right ? XD

@acidburn_32: Hello and welcome, great work there, and I hope you'll like the class
I thought I should probably say what I hope to take away from this experience.

I want to work on my fundamentals as they're pretty week at the moment; value, color, anatomy and perspective. I'm new to environments in general and would love to learn more about the process that goes into designing one. Perspective gets really fiddly for me after a certain level of detail and I would like to know how to approach this.

I'm going to focus on taking pieces to finish and getting them as polished as possible. I think this is going to be a fun experience. Gotta keep working.

I was also wondering when we're going to get started :D

FromBeyondTheVeil

(12-10-2013, 08:15 PM)Tul Wrote: [ -> ]@Hypnagogic_Haze: that's perfect man, we'll get along just fine. And I see you study alot, that's perfect.
about the 3d software, I'll not be showing you guys how to 3d model or anything. We'll use it just as a tool to preview how a illustration will look or to help us with a perspective drawing.

@foxfire1345: Thanks ! don't worry about the not having the 3d stuff. As I said to Hypnagogic_Haze, it's just a alternative tool to help us. You can always rough it up on pen and paper (it's actually better this way for a start). Same goes with the tablet and photoshop, I'll try to make it so that people can do the assignments on paper too, but there will be some photoshop specific lessons too, which are not bad to have in mind even if you don't use it.

@FromBeyondTheVeil: it's awesome that you want to learn ! that's the spirit ! I just want to warn you it's a rough road and you have to do a lot of extra work if you wanna keep up. I'll make a list of references and books that will help you guys study (tho i'm not sure if I can post copyrighted material, i'll ask around). Other than that any kind of drawing practice will help, good luck and can't wait to see you in action :D.

@armalooke: Heya dude ! Thanks, I just hope I can keep up and help these awesome people and not let em down. And yeah, It's been a while since the last mentoring program, and something is better than nothing, right ? XD

@acidburn_32: Hello and welcome, great work there, and I hope you'll like the class

Rough road? Extra work? I don't mind at all! I'm just very eager to begin. How do we begin?

smurfen

I would like to sign up if possible also :)
Hey Tul, as I said before I want to sign up. I never had art education but I always liked to draw, some months ago I made some kind of "learning road" for me to learn what I should have learned years ago... This is why I think this is a great idea and really helpfull for people like me. I'm up to learn everything, any knowledge is welcome and there is always something we can improve.
About the portfolio... I have my facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/carlosmiguel.amaral.52 ) but only have 2 drawings there because I wanted to learn the most I could before showing my works.
Looking forward for this, any date is ok for me... The sooner the better. ;)
I'd like to sign up too, here's a link to my sketchbook , it's a bit infrequently updated but I do draw everyday http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3129-page-2.html . As for what i'd want to learn, well I need to work on everything really although i'm trying to mainly focus on bettering my anatomy and perspective.
Aaand thanks a ton for settin this up man, really appreciate it :).
edit: oh and i'd be fine to start at anytime
Hello guys, sorry for the huge delay. I planned to start the classes last Friday, but my net hasn't worked since Thursday. I'll post the first class this Wednesday and give you guys your first assignments. I'll also make up a list of all the people signed up so we know.

I'll post all the classes here: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-4495.html and you guys will also post your assignments and wips here.
All the materials, classes and other usefull stuff will be posted here also: http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=...=dashboard

I'll make a nead links list on the other thread. Can't wait to start :D thanks for singning up
Just posted in the main thread

-> heeeere -> -> http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-4...l#pid52766

post your stuff there
and your eventual questions here
(12-19-2013, 05:19 AM)Tul Wrote: [ -> ]Just posted in the main thread

post your stuff there

Wow awesome presentation! Cant wait to be lv 50!
Anyway , for the 1st assignment, can I do the poses and the bust on traditional , while the colored ones on digital?
Again thanks so much for this! Im gonna start now.,.
Sure thing about the poses and the bust. Just make sure to scan them properly afterwards. Good luck !

(12-19-2013, 11:07 PM)foxfire1345 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2013, 05:19 AM)Tul Wrote: [ -> ]Just posted in the main thread

post your stuff there

Wow awesome presentation! Cant wait to be lv 50!
Anyway , for the 1st assignment, can I do the poses and the bust on traditional , while the colored ones on digital?
Again thanks so much for this! Im gonna start now.,.
Pages: 1 2