Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Hi there
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

It's nice to meet you all! My name is Alexandra, but as I was born in a generation where parents simply adored that name, I opted for Marla as a nickname.

I have to admit that I'm quite scared of making my first post here, even tho I've been lurking for a while now. Uncertain I feel so intimidated by the fabulous art of those who are pillars of this community, however, I decided that I need to put aside the silly fears and just jump into it already...

I came here to improve, and to seek motivation to study smartly, and learn steadily. I am currently a freelance illustrator, focusing on children's fantasy art, tho I fear that economic trends will move me away from this, at least for a while, by the end of this year. I want to make sure that art remains an important aspect of my life, and for this purpose I seek knowledge, honest critique, and the warmth of a community to motivate me to continue.

I look forward to getting to know you! Happy
Hey Marla, (love the nickname!)
Welcome to the daggers!

Awwh, there was really no need to be fearful joining the CD community - I've been apart of many other online forums, but there aren't many that can trump the daggers awesome, hard-working and friendly community :)

Sounds like you have a plan! I'm looking forward to checking out your work in the near-future. Be sure to create a sketchbook soon so that we can follow your progress ~

I hope you enjoy your stay and all the best :)
Welcome here Marla,
good you made the step and said "hello". Now go and make a sketchbook thread and post some of your work so ppl can see the beautiful art you make.
Cheers
Wolkenfels