Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Danger Zone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
@Fedodika Hahaha, thank you. <3

@Suira Thanks man, yea it's hard now but I must vanquish this boss.

@Adrian hahaha, thanks man. I will definitely try!

@Samszym Thanks! I don't have a camera though :(. My brother has one but it's kinda shitty. I will!

@Lyraina Woah, thanks Lyraina, I honestly haven't seen any progress yet, lol. I will keep that in mind, I might try something more stylized too, let's see how it goes.

@BenFlores Oh yeah, I have some awesome waterhouse paintings around too, gonna try that, thanks Ben!

Just the regular gestures and the final CHOW, not my best but not my worse. :)

[Image: BO5wBS6.png]
[Image: yhnV7AC.png]
Woooo landscape studies! And great job on your CHOW, you beautiful man.
@Newbarrik Thanks man, I was trying to go for a kinda protoss weapon feeling, I think the main issue went with the handles, there wasn't any design on them, should've done something fancier.

@pnate Thanks man. <3

Yesterday's gestures and today's stuff, the landscapes are from Shaddy Safadi.
Last one tried to have some fun with it, I think I improved a bit, gotta keep pushing..

[Image: lJEyHzW.png]
[Image: NjOloYA.png]
[Image: zHlKwsl.png]
[Image: lmWu3dw.png]
[Image: baiXqZG.png]
[Image: 13XJNOW.png]
[Image: qB2joCH.png]
[Image: yQERbBO.png]
[Image: VMFfzzl.png?2]
Oh man, really digging the colours in this last of the enviros. Really nice animated feel.
Shaddy is a master of the hidden colours and you managed to capture that pretty well, so kudos :D
@Jaik Thank you! Yea, he's a bastard, not sure if I do that yet, still need more practice!

Might be slowing down as I have some work going on, and some more on the near future.
Some more boring stuff and Sam Nielson's studies.

[Image: olkjiBO.png]
[Image: ZnhdVr9.png]
[Image: rArYfMq.png]
[Image: 8WYCtZv.png]
[Image: lWvwasi.png]
[Image: kyTSWab.png]
ENVIROS ARE HARRRDD!

I like the girl face in the heads up there suppper cute!!!
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been missing on a lot of great stuff! Jesus fucking christ, killer works man, the enviros are coming along for real, specially diggin' those safadi style ones, dayum. Of course the doodles are great as usual, I'll never wrap my head around that killer line quality, even knowing how you do it, I don't get how you do it, if that makes sense xD

My only crit would be to watch out for saturation, I know you're going for a blizzard kind of feeling, but sometimes it destroys your focus when overdone, still great job man, you're getting a grasp of it real quick, keep up my friend, keep up! ;D
@Fedodika Thanks! Yea they are hard as fuck, not sure if I'll ever get them right. :/

@Suira Haha, thanks man, trying my best, and I'll keep that in mind!

The usual boring studies, hit a motivational wall on that last one and didn't feel going through with it, must revaluate. :(

[Image: GlZiETl.png]
[Image: T3FyCCi.png]
[Image: VyKzGIu.png]
[Image: Ejn0773.png]
[Image: t9IyD8v.png]
[Image: b9pJ02c.png]
[Image: NeZgm1y.png]
Only good stuff for the eyeezzz! :D Funny I went back to your earlier paintings and I noticed your studies reminded me of the great Luke Mancini! Those lines are just.. epic!
That dragon sketch is looking real nice man, maybe paint it and see how it comes out? Some dude in front of him to show his inmense scale ( at least I picture it like a really large scale kind of dragon) I don't know haha.

The enviros are coming along, better saturation control, and a clear focal point, good progress man, good progress indeed!
Nice environments man! I heard recently if you're more of a character artist that you should try to create the environment first and then draw you character into it so its less of an after thought. Sounds like solid advice and might serve to make environments more fun and add narrative.
@LaleAnn Thank you. Yea, he's a great inspiration to me. :)

@Suira Yea man, I'm probably gonna do some dragons once I'm confortable with enviros.

@Hypnagogic_Haze Thanks! Yea that sounds like a good idea, I'll keep it in mind, but right now I'm not doing the characters with the enviros yet, gotta get better at enviros first!

More boring things. Master studies are fun (Albert Bierstadt).
Last one is something I'm doing to wind down as these studies are stressing me the fuck out and giving me quit thoughts.

[Image: zVhPPfR.png]
[Image: Yb95GkV.png]
[Image: oTMArUY.png]
[Image: PHXsW41.png]
[Image: spHl1sb.png]
[Image: ASLwrK7.png]
[Image: cqJBLCx.png]
You just go and try quitting art, I'll fly all the way to Brazil and kick your ass back to the drawing table! >_> I feel you though. Those studies can be draining, especially if they are not working out as planned or are more tough than anticipated. Alway mix in something for fun and with no expectations to stay sane.

Always enjoy looking at your sketches <3
FUK DOSE THOUGHTS MAYNE!! Kick em in the BALLS!!!!! STOP BEIN SO FUKIN GOOD!!!
Ahh quit thoughts....my new best friend lately hahaha. I'll breakk down your last update for you:

-Killer gestures - check
-Killer thumbs - check
-Fucking awesome master studies - CHECK
-Enviro from mind that looks really promising and it's gonna totally blow our minds- check

Keep doing what you're doing my friend, you're headed in the right direction, as usual. By the way, you should listen more Bossa Nova, you're in Brasil ffs!
@Lyraina lol, just a bad day. :( Thanks!

@Fedodika Hahah, thanks! I can't stop if I never get good!

@Suira Thanks man, it's just I spend too much time with my brain and sometimes it remembers me how much time I've spent doing this and have gone nowhere. :(

Trying to get more silly with enviros, I feel confortable with it now.

[Image: KJKQFY1.png]
[Image: XF7c6iw.png]
[Image: m7JeRH1.png]
[Image: gMqisKR.png]
[Image: h11z6bO.png]
[Image: sjSSj11.png]

Soo good. Those master studies are the best. I've been far too lazy with mine (only did one recently) Bierstadt was such a boss. Cant get enough of his studies, you did a good job with the last one. Though from memory of the piecce, I think you are 1 or 2% off that contrast on the focus rock, because ti just needs a LITTLE bit more pop (irony of making 'little' bigger by putting it in caps aside).

Those gooey clouds are also really unique and strange, makes me want chocolate milk. Looks like something out of cloudy with a chance of meatballs. Really nice :) Keep on staying strong and you will totally get there!
Musta been that study sickness bringing you down :( At least you are pulling lots of juiciness from doing those. That last environment has tons of sexy colors and shapes. (And brilliant linework as always)
Solid consistency, as usual, man! Loving those digi lines and those studies are looking like some tasty fruit.

Don't give up. If it really is the study sickness, either try and find a way to make doing them more interesting for yourself. Usually if I study a naked figure I just draw some costuming over it and make up the face to exercise other parts of my brain. Or just start doing more imaginative work to change it up.

Stay fresh, man. :]
Oh gawd, that stylized master thing is too good D: Those shapes! <3
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33