Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: le great deathsentence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Setting up my own deathsentence:

Study different themes/subjects relating to art for six days a week, and on the last day produce a work based on what was learned
1. Study from six different sources, one for each day: still life*, en plein air*, life*, photographs and stills, other artists’ work and instructional books**
2. Work time for each day is a minimum of one hour, but preferred three or more
3. Any medium
4. They must be submitted with the produced work onto an online sketchbook
5. Each week will have a different physical subject/theme for the purposes of study to be determined by the artist. a theme may be repeated depending on the feels. The week starts and finishes at 23:59 on Sundays.

* still life, life and en plein air are all technically the same thing, but with subtle connotations. For the purpose of this exercise still life refers to a controlled lighting condition, en plein air means outside or with many uncontrolled light sources, and life means anything the artist wants it to mean.
** instructional books, for this exercise, refers to anatomy books, IKEA manuals, mechanic's guides and architectural drawings-- anything that pulls apart the subject and explains it. If there's difficulty in finding a guide for an object, either pull it apart physically or just eyeball an explanation for the mechanics.

Starting tomorrow, 10th of March 2014, I sentence myself to twelve months of this study, and hell hath fury if I fail to do so.
i like this death sentence, im intrigue on how youre gonna go about this, nevertheless ill be checking out youre sketchbook every week
not good at working from imagination, it seems. the only way out i can think of is continuing to practice. i'm also awful at colour theory, so that's something additional i should probably study independently. also going to note these were pretty rushed, so i guess i need to work on time management as well-- that being said, learning to work quickly as its benefits, i've heard.
[Image: lul_by_mechafishmechanics-d7ac97g.png]
photoref from stock img site
[Image: 26jan14b_by_mechafishmechanics-d7ac8vp.png]
[Image: drawin_by_mechafishmechanics-d7ac91i.png]
master study from jana schirmer
[Image: 26jan14_by_mechafishmechanics-d7ac8ug.png]
[Image: 26jan14c_by_mechafishmechanics-d7ac8wq.png]
[Image: 26jan14d_by_mechafishmechanics-d7ac8x5.png]
I just realize, are you doing any designs in your deathline, creating stuff that you like I think this is also important, Im no expert. Just wondering xD