Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Salutations!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Fingus

Sup. My name is Sindre Opsahl Skaare. I'm a Norwegian 3D artist currently studying at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco, going through my last year before I'm thrown into the terrifying pandemonium that is the games industry.

While I can draw and kinda paint I'm mainly a 3D modeler and texture artist. I get the vibe that this is mostly a 2D art community, but I feel that there is so much overlap that I will have plenty to learn here anyway. I'm pretty confident about my technical skills within 3D and my main shortcomings are design and aesthetics so hopefully that will work out anyway. :)

I found this place through Rapoza's livestream, and I found his livestream through the interview with Kemp Remilliard, which I found through Facebook. Ah the magic of social networks. :heart:

And while I'm very uncomfortable with bragging and whatnot I guess I should put this out here. I recently did an internship at Massive Black for a little over half a year. I worked as a 3D artist on the MothHead demo they did with Unity. That was one intense and inspiring run and I learned a ton (it was my first time doing current gen 3D art) as well as finally managing to kindle that motivation and work ethic that borders on obsession and will likely earn me an early heart attack. A small price to pay for good art I'd say.

I'm currently taking an organic modeling class where we're supposed to do one 3D model a day. So expect to see plenty of anatomy studies and random zBrush sculpts crop up around here.

Here is my blog: http://fingus-stuff.blogspot.com/
And here is my grossly outdated carbonmade portfolio: http://fingus.carbonmade.com/

d3athb3rrymon

Hy Fingus! I personally find it intriguing to share a board with someone who doesn´t only live his dream, but has also been to "wonderland", as i´d like to call the magical massive black studio, before haha :D

I´m looking orward to see more of your upcoming work, as I personally really admire 3D-artists since i tried to get myself into zbrush, which i initially found seriously frustrating >__<!

cheers!