Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Hey guys, glad to be here.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sup fellas, so here's a quick rundown.

I found the Daggers through a link somewhere on Conceptart.org, i've been a member there for a little under a year now. I knew about Dave Rapoza before hand though. I'm a college student right now, going through graphics and interactive design. I have some experience as an amateur writer, though not a whole lot. There is a tiny bit of art knowledge in me, i started doodling a little bit in my last two years of Highschool. That was mainly just Anime Fanart and tracing though, nothing really worth mentioning.

Just over a year ago, i didn't really think of art as something i'd ever try to pursue professionally. Especially with all the people younger than me, who are already leaps and bounds ahead. That changed right around the time i found Conceptart.org. That subsequently led to opening the Pandora's Box of crazy artists. Marko Djurovski, Bruno Gore and Zhang Lu to name a few. Instead of intimidating me away from ever thinking about getting serious with art, it really inspired me to pick up a pencil. Having basically no real grasp on art, i basically started from square one.

I've been snorting studies like crack since then. I Carry around a doodle pad with me outside, try to draw people and things where ever i can. I have Loomis, Bridgman, Hogarth and Michael Hampton on my book belt right now. I've been trying to avoid fan art for the most part. When i'm not doing a study i try to draw things from imagination, normally something relevant to something i recently studied.

I look forward to participating in Dagger activities, hopefully i can suck less.