Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: CRIMSON CHOW #6 - The Giant WIP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
nice work guys! some thumbs from lunch for me

[attachment=59171]

Maunz

Great words Fedodika!

here are my thumbnails so far for the giant~

[attachment=59176]
Heres some more stuff , really cant think of how else i can mix and match this stuff anymore , even the tank treads are kinda pushin it but i think i managed some interesting designs
[Image: RPIq5Q1l.jpg]
thats a huge necklace thats made out of tires and doors , and yes that is a wrecking ball attached to his tail :P (the idea is that he dug a hole into the ball and stuck his tail into it and solidified it with fiber cables )
[Image: UO8MLyXl.jpg]
I wanted to add in tattos cause he is a tribal design , whats a tribal withouth tattos eh ?
Thanks to suggestions by monkeybeard and smrfette i think ill change him into a her
[Image: 8jm11mxl.jpg]
I dont think ill have her wear a top armor , the armor would be a bit too complicated for her chest
I do rather like this idea thou XD

[Image: KrxUItGl.jpg]

Cant think of much stuff to add with her honestly that i either cant take from the male version (weapon wize especially )

[Image: Hm69oLGl.jpg]
hi. Amit Dutta, what you wrote about that technique is very interesting and might be really helpful. Thanks! Based on that, I'm trying to explore other possibilities.

Ahhhh...yup...moved onto giant space cats...in a space forest...in space.
You can blame Amitt for this
[Image: CWct1Ryl.jpg]
*cough*avatar*cough*
[Image: Dy3ulXNl.jpg]
I rather like how this silluete turned out
[Image: 6pWY6srl.jpg]
I tottaly forgot i wanted to make it a female and only on my third one did i think of it XD
Like the pose so heres the sketch of it.
[Image: JNf610Sl.jpg]
Mine isn't so much of a protector and more of a hermit that doesn't like people in his land. Not super happy with the proportions in his face, might do some face sketches if I stop being lazy. I'll probably go with the red skin tone, I've wanted to do a fighter that had that for awhile but always put it off. Gotta figure out overall color scheme still.
Wow, so many entries! Gj everyone!
And woops, was almost forgetting to post my WIPS. (don't mind the book and the mace, I'm too lazy to take them out).

[Image: dRuPYHc.png]
[Image: 1ost13x.png]
[Image: 7IpIrdV.png]
[Image: HrNyoZE.png]
Bit late to the party.

I think im gonna change quite a bit, I see much potential in this character, but Ive executed the concept badly, I gotta redo it all.

[attachment=59305]
Great job so far guys :) I like the sci fi/tech idea. I hope we'll see them finished :)
So I was lazy and I didn't do other versions :/ Going with the previous one. Not sure about the mushrooms yet. Seems like too much. I don't know. Also I'm trying to figure out how these roots would work nicely covering his back. It looks like crap now :P

[Image: wip_by_afternoon63-d85sdov.jpg]
Cool stuff so far and a really cool topic.

Here's some design ideas/practice plus some refs I used, for anyone else who's struggling for ideas.

[attachment=59408]

[attachment=59409]
alien in exosceleton.

Artleech : hmmm i think your straining a bit too far from the concept . your heading more into mech and robot suit territory now i feel. But i guess it depends on context of your giant

Anyways on my own stuff ive done some studies and changed it up thanks to smrfette and amitts help . first off got some studies of panthers done
[Image: cMhIRYVl.jpg]
Second challenge was to try and work out a face that still remsembles a panther...cant do many changes withouth drastically makeing the face diffrent
[Image: l4OBwxel.jpg]
And ive started working on potential poses for the final image for this .
[Image: tBygcLsl.jpg]
[Image: mgENJOYl.jpg]
[Image: Ozo7NmMl.jpg]
Went with something along the lines of mischevous and playfull , with a hint of boerdom .
Ya know , like a cat
Not sure if this counts as showing 3/4s of the character. I'll probably scan this and start painting it tomorrow. If not ah well, I like where this has gone :)

[attachment=59501]
sketch i did last night
[Image: 9zx2km.jpg]
WIP

[Image: ThegiantWIP_JCORPUZ_005.jpg]
Spent tonight digitizing that drawing and starting to colorize and ink over it. A good way to go on it yet.

[attachment=59586]
Last WIP before finishing it tomorrow.
[Image: IBfqXLh.png]
All of the entries are looking amazing!

I'm super late to the party but going to try and get this done on time.
[Image: aQeo88K.jpg]
[Image: T8VHXs6.jpg]
[Image: A1jObKK.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3