Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Hello, All!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My name is Amanda "Mandii" Solano, and I'm certainly pleased to be here!

First, let me tell you a bit about myself: I'm 23 years old, I live in the US (Florida) and I have been dabbling in and practicing art since I've been able to hold a crayon. I've always known that this is what I want to do with my life, and I'm always looking for ways to improve.

I started like many have, imitating what I watched on TV as a child, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, et cetera. I started doing digital art when I was 13, got my first Wacom tablet and Photoshop and had NO IDEA what I was doing for many years. I started out slow--lots of anime work and other 'cartoon-y' subjects of that nature. It wasn't until I reached high school that I became even remotely interested in realism, painting, or mediums other than pencil/ink/marker and digital.

I would describe my current art style as semi-realism, but I am slowly leaning more towards realism as my skills grow with time. My real passion in life is illustration and character design.

Professionally, I have managed small local clientele for Graphic Design work for local (off-internet) businesses and done various commission works through (DeviantART) You will notice that a lot of the art there isn't what I would consider 'current'

Personally, I am here to improve myself and learn from the talented artists here. I am serious about my work, and after a rather long and painful 'hiatus' due to various personal reasons, I am ready to get back in the game. I NEED to get back in the game... seriously. I'm going crazy without having a creative outlet.

I have a long way to go as an artist, I have no illusions about that, and I hope working with my peers and those would I would consider my 'betters' in the industry can help me improve and be the best I can be! Take me out of my comfort zone, I challenge you! :D

Any questions anyone might have, feel free to post here or PM me :)

Cheers!
Welcome Mandii! I hope the forum helps you progress! Looking forward to seeing some recent stuff : )