Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Chris Rob's Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Cool stuff, really like your characters.
Thanks BrushNoir

Assignments From this week
[Image: 229.jpg]
[Image: 231.jpg]

Sketches/Studies[Image: 230.jpg]
[Image: 232.jpg]
[Image: 233.jpg]
More character work, woohoo! Love it!
I looks on your other page again and i saw something i didn't the last time i was here. Your legs in perspective/foreshortened tend to be to long sometimes, perhaps study them more. Also in that self portrait that you did, the nose, more precisely the nostrils don't look like they have a solid anatomy behind them. Might be wrong, but from what i see, you tend to draw the nose the same, with little variation to it. Perhaps study them more.
Cool stuff man! Gotta love these samurai studies. Awesome job.
Thanks Rick Richards and ,Thanks BlackDelphin for the feedback, im agree with you, actually my mentor on cgma also said the same thing about the nose haha, and yeah also the legs, ill do some studies to fix it, again thanks :)

This weeks Assignments

Character Assignment wk7
[Image: 238.jpg]
[Image: 240.jpg]
[Image: 242.jpg]

Character For film wk7
[Image: 237.jpg][Image: 239.jpg]
Progress
[Image: 241.jpg]

Sketches and Study, this weeks theme is medieval Armor
[Image: 236.jpg]
[Image: 235.jpg]
[Image: 234.jpg]
Final Week of this term class, Planning to do some more Anatomy practice next week

Character Assignment wk8
[Image: 246.jpg]
[Image: 247.jpg]
Fixes from previous weeks assignment
[Image: 248.jpg]
Character Illustration for Film wk8
[Image: 245.jpg]

Some Sketches,
[Image: 244.jpg]
[Image: 243.jpg]
Redoing the whole process from the class, this week theme is Cowboy
[Image: 251.jpg]
[Image: 252.jpg]
[Image: 250.jpg]
Anatomy Study
[Image: 249.jpg]
good stuff
Great character design and anatomy studies. Clean designs! :D
Thanks Janos and Wasgodx
Im a bit late with this week entry, but here it is 

Anatomy Study , Skeleton
[Image: 253.jpg]

Character Design, Sentai hero
Thumbnail
[Image: 254.jpg]
[Image: 255.jpg]
[Image: 256.jpg]
Sorry a bit late on this week post, Painted a character 
[Image: 260.jpg]

Thumbnail Drawings
[Image: 259.jpg]
Sketches and Study
[Image: 258.jpg]
[Image: 257.jpg]
Great stuff! Looks like you're working on hip/pelvis anatomy. Good idea, your characters are pretty strong but the hip area on a lot of them is a little confusing. Remember to study the pelvis bone specifically to nail the structure.
Hey Adam Lina, thanks for the suggestion, i tried to do some more gesture drawing to study the structure, still having problem with the lower body

First week of bootcamp with Anthony Jones
Thumbnails
[Image: 263.jpg]
[Image: 262.jpg]
Some Sketches
[Image: 261.jpg]
Week 2 Assignments
Leveling up my characters 
[Image: 264.jpg]
[Image: 265.jpg]
[Image: 266.jpg]
[Image: 267.jpg]
more Character Designs
[Image: 268.jpg]
Assignment from this week, doing some iteration from previous design 
[Image: 69e3a057-4b13-44c8-8b5a-92f6b45530e6.jpg]
Character Design Wk4

[Image: 271.jpg]
[Image: 270.jpg]
Hey Chris,

You might benefit from some focused studies on female anatomy. Across your work there's sometimes a tendency to place the breasts too high (and consequently to shorten the rib cage, on occasion). (I'm looking particularly at the sketches you posted on the 20th of April). Keep in mind that boobs move around depending on what the rest of the body is doing. They get pulled up when arms are lifted and they sink down with gravity when the shoulders and arms are lowered and relaxed. (Look at the bottom row of this link, where the model raises and then lowers her arms: http://stockphotosource.deviantart.com/a...-610016315 )The height of the breasts in your pics seems reminiscent of the arms lifted position, but the arms on the women you're depicting are not always lifted.

I can see from your studies that you've sometimes very accurately copied breasts that, in the original photo, look high and perky, but bear in mind that this happens most in photos where the model is raising her arms or pulling her shoulders back. The range of movement in the torso and shoulders greatly affects apparent breast shape and placement.

Also consider that small (a cup, and possible b cup) breasts will appear high because they don't as much gravity acting on them, whilst average (c cup) or more generous (d cup onwards) breasts will appear lower because of their increased size and the increased gravity that acts on them.

As for the shape of the breasts you're depicting, it seems like you've got a bit of stylisation going on, and if you like that then go for it. For a true to life breast, further study (life drawing, if possible?) required.

Anyway, awesome work - it seems like you're studying really hard.

BadWoolf.
Hey BadWoolf, Thanks for pointing that out, I tried to look at Loomis Proportional Diagram and i noticed ive been making the bottom part of the breast too high all this time, I'll definitely do more studies on that 

Some Figure Sketches I did this week

[Image: 272.jpg]
[Image: 273.jpg]
Some assignment from Aj character class 

[Image: 275.jpg]
[Image: 274.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12