Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Hey everyone!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Lainface

My name is Alaina but we're just gonna get comfy with my moniker Lainface. I have been an aimless ronin when it comes to my creative endeavors for the past five years (ouch). I am avoiding feeling like a shameful 26-year-old and am continually pushing myself to forget my stupid, confusing years and get settled with this art thing!

I have varied interests--illustration, animation, and graphic design--and I am officially inducting myself into my own Apprentice stage before making a real attempt at starting with freelancing. I like designing characters and have since developed an interest in designing album covers, posters and t-shirts. As such, I am interested in color, branding, typography and lettering and I would LOVE to develop some illustration skills. So time for some major fundamentals training.

In any case, I was directed here via re-reading Noah Bradley's article "Don't go to art school" and I have been somewhat desperate for artistic comradery outside of Facebook (it always feels IMPOSSIBLE to stay focused on just art there often). I'm looking forward to connecting and growing with many of you and I look forward to seeing all the amazing art work, projects and WIPs here!