Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: FINALS! - Bloodsports 7 - Windwaker Reworked!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[email protected]

FULL Post Description here!

Requirements:

- Must contain all 3 of the series' standby characters. Zelda, Ganon, and Link.

- image must contain Nautical themes! though you are altering the visual style of the game, the plot and world settings remain the same! oceans!

- Images MUST be planned on a horizontal! you can choose one of two options! split vertical images with separate vertical front and back designs, OR a unified, WRAPAROUND illustration, designed compositionally to work as two separate pieces when split down the middle. (EXAMPLES AND TEMPLATES BELOW)

- Leave room for TEXT! the title logo on the frontside as well as room for a paragraph size description on the back!

*****IMPORTANT*****
While this contest IS a type of fanart, you CANNOT use the art direction of windwaker or the other zelda entries! the challenge is to take it somewhere bold and new, just as nintendo tried to do at the games release! consider markets, thoughtful design, and visual themes!

so DONT look like THESE!

Example01

Example02

- Studies must be provided and must be relevant to the character design and elements used in the illustration. COMPOSITIONAL SKETCHES are also REQUIRED with studies in order to be eligible!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXAMPLES AND TEMPLATES FOR HORIZONTAL DESIGN!

SPLIT VERTICAL COVER DESIGN!

Click Here For Example

WRAPAROUND HORIZONTAL DESIGN!

Click Here For Example

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEMPLATE

Click Here For Template

***disregard central margin for spine if using a wraparound image

Deadline: 5pm est, Friday, March 9th via

[email protected]

Post only your finals here!
For some reason it's not possible to attach images. Only img tags work.
----------------------------------------------------------
If I could do this one over again, I would have done it a lot different. But it's too late for that. But I don't regret doing this piece because I learned a lot about what I need to work at and stuff. I managed to get it finished even though it was a painful struggle with this one, lol.

studies
[Image: birdagain.jpg]
[Image: birddo.jpg]

comp
[Image: thumbsc.jpg]

fin
[Image: zeldacompetitionlayout.jpg]

[Image: zeldacompetitionconnyno.jpg]

Such an epic failure. This is what happens when you polish a turd without thinking about it. Better luck next time,

Mattias Fahlberg

Here is my entry!

[Image: WindwakerbyMattiasFahlberg2012.jpg]
heres what i did for this one.

[Image: johnderekmurphy_wreck_BS7_final_kotaku.jpg]

CUKIERASS

great job all! here is mine I know that my Ganon looks like well not like Ganon ;)

[Image: zeldacover.jpg]

CharReed

Comps:
[Image: 20120309-3u311d594qdjj9jbkqx1mpnkq.preview.jpg]

[Image: 20120309-bfhgj14g8h3fdt9sxxep52ru2k.preview.jpg]

[Image: 20120309-8wsmaphgffa9ewn2ctnh5s19fm.preview.jpg]

Studies:
[Image: 20120307-duedg8shjsperq9uqhtriqdt4.preview.jpg]

[Image: 20120307-rfywi36uahg9n37dj4gka61p9i.preview.jpg]

Final:
[Image: 20120309-xqgtmeh1q9neetgbufueiqccyr.preview.jpg]

[Image: 20120309-bsr69jub5sncn94nesk7px9mi6.preview.jpg]

Zaphk

Wow! Good job everyone =D
In the end I had to rush to finish in time, I will back to polish some more....after I finish all my work. =_=
[Image: zeldafim.png]
comps: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26409927/zeldacomps.png

Vertical

Here's mine. I'm not too happy with it, but at least I finally made an entry! And besides, now I know what to study :)
Awesome work everyone!

[Image: BLOODSPRTS7-6.jpg]
Already e-mailed, thankfully.
Studies found here:

[Image: 430226_1000418576378_38712127_39660480_5...n.jpg?dl=1]

[Image: 457735_1000249859488_38712127_39660084_740088714_o.jpg]

Newsha

Never have colored/drawn armor! man it was hard making it practical hahahaha! def a fun piece.
[Image: Wraparound.jpg]

tempest-haze

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1439455&stc=1&d=1331416990]
(03-11-2012, 07:04 AM)tempest-haze Wrote: [ -> ]You can view the larger, less pixelated version here on my dA :)

People, Dan's already requested we not post our challenge stuff online yet:
Quote:EVERYONE! if youre doing the zelda bloodsport, DONT POST YOUR IMAGES ON THE NET until we send the package to KOTAkU ON WEDNESDAY. we want EVERYONE who does it to get EQUAL attention! if you post around early it ruins the supriseeeeeeeeeeee and cheat everyone out of the sudden wave of awesome entries! hold off!

(Tempest, if you're linking your pic from dA, at least leave it in your st.ash where no one can view it and link the img tag from there)

tempest-haze

Sorry! I don't really follow the Facebook page. I've removed the link, sorry again.
It's no big you're not the only who did so. If you don't follow Facebook all that much, you can follow the twitter page where all Facebook updates are forwarded.
Hey folks, forgot to post in the finished thread here and put some graphics on the piece to make it pass as a cover.

[Image: Fudgeloaf-Zelda-fan-art-cover.jpg]

[Image: zelda-bloodsport-3.jpg]

nice job all
Went up on Kotaku

And on Reddit with a cross post to /r/Art

[Image: piratev8.jpg]