Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: The 10000 Hour Rule - Art Edition - 7626/10,000
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Awesome castles!
^ Agreed! Love the energy in that last castle sketch man.
Alexson - Cheers dude, gotta flesh them out at some point, hopefully they'll still work

Warburton - Thanks man, think that might be more the scribbling than the actual castle, but we'll see ;).

New stuff

Spitpainting - Strange Visitors
[Image: Strange-Visitors.jpg]

4x15min exercise
Sketchy forests
[Image: 4x-forests.jpg]

Sketchy Snowy places
[Image: 4x-snowy-.jpg]

Value Snowy Places
[Image: 4x-snowy-values.jpg]

And I had a little play around with some stylised character stuff. Here's a thief :)
[Image: Thief.jpg]
bro love the fact that your telling stories in your paintings !! and awesome thumnales man! keep it up mate!
Danar - Cheers dude :)

Spitpainting
(the steaks are) too high
[Image: Too-High.jpg]

Ultrasonic
[Image: Ultrasonic.jpg]

4x Exercise - Colour ~15 mins each
[Image: 4x-snowy-Colour.jpg]

Sketches
[Image: Snowy-Sketches.jpg]

Sketch for a new piece :D
[Image: Hunting-Giants.jpg]
That 4x exercise looks interesting. Keep pushing it.
crackedskull - yeah man seems to work pretty well for hammering stuff home. :)

Spitpaintings
Red Lanterns
[Image: Red-Lanterns.jpg]

Inside the volcano
[Image: Inside-the-volcano.jpg]

And a WIP - I'd really appreciate any feedback/tips on this. Wanna try and push it :)

[Image: Snowy-illustration---Flat.jpg]
Spitpaintings
3 wheels
[Image: 3-Wheels.jpg]

War Ghost
[Image: War-Ghost.jpg]

Forest study
[Image: quickforest-study.jpg]

4x forests
[Image: 4x-forest-sketches.jpg]

10 min sketches
[Image: 10-min-sketches.jpg]

More
[Image: 10-min-sketches2.jpg]

And finished this up :)
[Image: Snowy-illustration---Flat-2.jpg]
youve done so much awesome work since the last time i was here :) you always have a good idea for the spit paints. dont forget to keep exploring outside your comfort zones too. i dont know if youve ever seen the craig mullins painting demo but he had a good point about how he started on pieces completely differently just to explore and get a different product at the end of everything while also having a solid work flow you can fall back on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW0_y6-l_Js
and i loved this one. the composition and mood are great
[Image: distant-building-study.jpg]
BenFlores- Cheers man. Ah no I haven't I'll check that out. I so don't have a solid workflow lol, need to get on that ;). Yeah, that one was a study, but thanks lol :) The colours were pretty nice right?

Sketches ~10 mins each

[Image: 10-min-sketches-8th-Nov.jpg]

[Image: 10-min-sketches-8th-Nov-2.jpg]

Eurgh
[Image: Portrait-sketching.jpg]

Developing a couple more
[Image: 20-min-development-8th-nov-flat.jpg]

Character WIP
[Image: Massive-Knight.jpg]
Having trouble coming up with something I actually want to paint. Bleh. I'll come up with something.

Sketches
[Image: Untitled-2-3.jpg]

Abandoned this Character
[Image: Massive-Knight-1.jpg]

Another sketch
[Image: forest-something.jpg]
Good work, man. When I have trouble coming up with something to work on, that usually just puts me in study mode until I get an idea or feel inspired to do something. As long as you're working, you're golden.
MrFrenik - Good shout, I've been neglecting recently. I started some yesterday, having a lot of fun with these. Cheers dude :).

Studies
Norman Rockwell - Working on BW to Colour
[Image: Rockwell-studies.jpg]

WIP of a portrait study
[Image: beardy-study.jpg]
New Stuff
Finished that study
[Image: beardy-study-1.jpg]

Couple of spit paints
Hitman -
[Image: Hitman.jpg]

Creature of the Void
[Image: Creature-of-the-void.jpg]

Beard Studies
[Image: Beard-studies.jpg]

Character Portrait from imagination
[Image: Barbarian-portrait-dude.jpg]
Rockwell study really rocks! I mean most of your work is really nice, you even rendered face from imagination quite neat. But colors, accuracy and brushwork from the Rockwell study really "struck" me.
nice work man, youre really pushing, i need to get to your level of work
Awesome man, you're really putting out a lot of work. Definitely seeing the improvement from the first few pages. Also seem to be producing more imaginative work since the beginning which is great. Keep it up!
Can't believe how much you've come along in such a short amount of time! Really impressive. Makes me feel very very lazy!
Passed 3200 Hours Here

Kerm - Cheers dude, love Rockwell's brushwork. Such a massive fan of his work. I appreciate it man, thanks.

Driesty - Thank you :)

Sam Peterson - Yeah I struggled to get into imaginative work in the beginning, and now I feel like I'm neglecting studies a bit. Oops. Cheers though man :)

Zesiul - Haha, I don't know about that man. Your stuff's coming on leaps and bounds :). Thanks though :)

Yesterday's stuff

Sketching
[Image: Portrait-sketching-12th-nov.jpg]

[Image: Wolf-dude-sketches.jpg]

Sick Creature Spitpainting
[Image: Sick-Creature.jpg]

World War Z study
[Image: WWZ-study.jpg]

Portrait WIP
[Image: Portrait.jpg]
Awesome to see you pushin it constantly. Those forests and your portraits are lookin better and better, keep at it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41