Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Samo's Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I maybe...accidentally deleted my whole sketchbook thread. (That or it suffered a bad case of ceasing to be on this plane of existence).
Bloodsport 5

Ref:
[attachment=1676]

Thumbnails:
[attachment=1675]

Studies:
[attachment=1677]

Comp 1: Rejected
[attachment=1680]

Comp 2: Final
[attachment=1679]

Final!
[attachment=1678]
Studies from the deleted Sketchbook:

[attachment=1693]
[attachment=1694]
[attachment=1695]

4 more hours in to the zombie poster.

[attachment=1703]
+4 hours added. I feel wicked slow.

Fixed the out stretched arm (again), blocked out more of the torso and worked on a zombie. I wish I had another 4-5 hours to work on it tonight, it was a lot of fun painting a pissed off looking zombie.

[attachment=1725]

Posting today with an awful movie still study, only spent 45 min on it though.
[attachment=1744]

And another 2 hours on the zombies
[attachment=1745]
Closer and closer...
[attachment=1831]
Sorry if this was the wrong place to post this... but here you go Samo. These are just some ideas I was chatting you about.
[attachment=1833]

Tooth

This is cool! green light really helps I think :)

Your cghub wizard is awesome!
(03-21-2012, 03:44 PM)sullyman Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if this was the wrong place to post this... but here you go Samo. These are just some ideas I was chatting you about.

Thanks for the paint-over sully. I'll definitely have to add a second light source. It really helps.
45 min of 5 min gestures:

[attachment=1921]
Been trying to learn a bit of oil painting. Obviously, I'm not too hot at it yet:

(6" x 12") 8 hours or so.
[attachment=2180]
your Miyazaki Painting is great Samo!
A 1.5 Hour study. Not great, but I'm trying out some homemade skin brushes.
[attachment=2184]
Zombies are finally done!
[attachment=2237]
Just a 2hr study. Trying to get better at making faces look more like the reference, something I'm not so great at.
[attachment=2299]
cool zombie piece! Loving the idea
Going back and fixing up my CGHub Character forge wizard. The original was messy and rushed for the deadline, time to take a few more hours and fix it up.

[attachment=2415]
Pages: 1 2 3