Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: WIPS! - Bloodsports 8 - Choose Your Own Adventure!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Post your bloodsport 8 WIPS in here!

PLEASE LIMIT THIS TOPIC TO ONLY WIPS!
(So people don't have to go through too much chat)
(You can post your comment's in their sketchbooks)

DannO

[Image: Shazaar1.jpg]

OK I'll give this a go. I liked the first two concepts but I felt it was too difficult to put the idea of Max Marsten across without some verbiage. So I am going with the Shazarr idea I am not sure which way to take it it will all be traditional media.

[Image: Shazaar2.jpg]

OK drawing it for painting on multimedia paper. Not as fat but now he looks twice as arrogant.
It took me a while to think of a tasteful concept, but now I think I'm onto something.
[attachment=1908]
(03-26-2012, 12:36 PM)gangstershit Wrote: [ -> ]It took me a while to think of a tasteful concept, but now I think I'm onto something.
Lol @ 'tasteful concept' and the concepts being food. Good stuff right there..
I have no clue where I'm going with this lol.

Here is all the stuff I have related to this bloodsports to the date in my sketchbook.

Till now I was focused in the character design, but there are many idead around this IP in my head ^^

[Image: character2.jpg]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1916]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1961]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2048]

[Image: maxposes2.jpg]

jkayrouz

Greetings.

Immediately, I fell in love with Shazar when looking at the IPs. Have always enjoyed drawing people on the pudgy side and wanted to see what I come up with for this Bloodsport. I am almost complete with my character designs, so here are some images filling my sketchbook at the moment. A good amount of the them are also studies for rendering techniques. I'm guessing at a lot of this. Any comments would be appreciated.

refraction

Late to the party ..
First sketch, I want to go more bulky, coming-right-for-you teeth and fur..

refraction

Fur is going to a handful to render nicely..

This is the comp I think I'm going to work on :D

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2119]

jkayrouz

Here is a pencil rough of the image I'm going with. Definitely a few things on the wizard I will be correcting. Anyone know specifically an age cut off limit with the Shazar? I'm shooting for 40s. Is that too old? I realize 80s with a long beard - the generic look - is a no go,.

John
o.0 2 days ...eeesh... ( max marsten 2099 ) " the ladies love him , but he'd rather be alone"
[Image: iterspost2.jpg]
[Image: jleigh_bp8iterspost1.jpg]
[Image: iterspost3.jpg]
[Image: jleigh_lastiteration.jpg]

jkayrouz

Here is the illustration for the Bloodsport after inking. It still needs some more ink, but I reached a good stopping point.

Tomorrow is coloring. Pray for me.

John
[attachment=2164]

still working on overall comp.

jkayrouz

Okay. Update for the Bloodsport. Got a good majority of the coloring done today. I'm really happy how the the demon is turning out. The most fun has been rendering it onto the page. Lookin' spooky and such...

Tomorrow will be more finishing touches, level correction in Photoshop, etc. and then shipping it off to the dropbox.

John
Final line drawing.......only a few hours till the end, I won't stop, I won't sleep, I don't want to be a loser.....

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2177]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2187]

jkayrouz

Almost finished Product for the Bloodsport. A little color correction.

Elektroschnitz3l

So, this are my studies and composition-sketches... and sketches... and the worst thing, that could happen while saving :D

http://elektroschnitz3l.deviantart.com/gallery/36469731