Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Isra's sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Study of a picture I took in Japan years ago painted while live streaming this morning

[Image: studykyotomountain2.jpg]
Another creature design painted on my livestream

[Image: daskildorpost.jpg]
A bunch of mech thumbnails painting just the silhouettes done on my live stream this morning. Later I will render one, this was a warm up with a subject I'm still weak with -_-

[Image: mechsilouettes.jpg]

Howie

love the creature design you did as well as it's surrounding environment, your getting a lot better! The silhouettes are a great exercise to do, really makes you flex your creative muscles when you do that many.

Keep it up!
Thank you Howie!! Yeah, painting thumbnails is fun and a good exercise bringing up quickly many different concepts, the main problem was to do it over a subject I just started working on, but it's the only way, practice!! Hehe

A few more I drew last night on live

[Image: mechsketches.jpg]
Wow man, theres been a big step up recently in your work. I especially like the last character you did on the previos page and the latest creature design.
Keep um comin dude, love the stream btw ;)
I really like your mech. thumbs Isra, and your landscape. Keep it up!
nice mechs isra! =) i'm soo inactive at the moment =(
Thanks a lot guys! Warburton, James and Nimao :)

I don't bring new stuff today but news.....I posted this on Facebook and my site:

3 weeks of death

In less than a month I'm going to Singapore for the certificate courses at FZD school. To take more profit of the school I'd like to reinforce my design skills a bit more, that's why I'm going to put myself working on a "fictitious project" to reinforce my design skills over the next 3 weeks.This project is under an NDA so I won't be able to talk about it or show anything.

It's an ambitious project so I will need a big amount of hours dedicated. Obviously the time live streaming will be considerably reduced, so I'm going to stream only for 1 hour everyday at my usual time, 9AM CET, and focused on the bloodsports, taking it as a little break.

My goals after this 3 weeks are:

- Have the work for this project done, and then and only then, show all the work done.

- Replace the pieces from last year still in my portfolio for stuff done this year since my work is different now.

- Start sketchbooks in sites like conceptart, cghub, etc. (now I only have one on the Crimson Daggers)

The deadline is June 11th 22:00 CET. The "fun" starts NOW.
Ooooh how awesome Isra :D
Very cool! good luck for the 3 week crunch!

Ninjac

You've made some great strides Isra over the past months. It's lovely to see the improvement. Since you are starting to do more finished illustration I suggest exploring composition theory more in depth. Starting with the rule of thirds can really help you to quickly alter your compositions so the points of interest are in the right spot. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds This is used a ton throughout visual arts. The second thing is to look for lines of flow in old master paintings. Here is an example of the Venus de Milo. http://www.gutenberg.org/files/14264/142...gram15.jpg It's about figuring out how every element of the image can relate to each other, and move the viewers eye to the primary, secondary, tertiary focus. I'm sure you will get alot of this at FZD, I just wanted to give you some ideas to chew on for your big 3 week project. Looking forward to seeing the finals :D
Thank you Sula, Kidult and Ninja! Yeah I knew about the rule of 3 from photography, cgsociety's tutorial about comp, feng zhu, james paick and some books in my shelves hehe Now it takes more practice :p And I knew about the lines of flow as concept but never thought about looking at them on master paintings, interesting, and good example that you give me.

Said that, study painted on livestream

[Image: guardianstudy.jpg]
Some thumbnails for the bloodsports drawn on this morning's livestream. I'll draw another 6 tomorrow and then decide the direction I'm going to take

[Image: bscompstudies1.jpg]
(05-21-2012, 08:54 AM)isra-ac Wrote: [ -> ]In less than a month I'm going to Singapore for the certificate courses at FZD school.
I must admit, I'm a bit jealous. Which course did You choose?

KyleScary

Insanely jealous! I keep looking at the student portfolios and love the look of the work they're doing at that school. Best of luck to you. Can't wait to see the secret design project!
Isra , you beautiful man! Great stuff dude , I'd love to see your bloodsports piece finished :P I wonder which thumbnail you chose...
Thank you Jasiel, Kyle and Othrandir :)

I'm gonna take the 3 certificate courses, for once in a life that I go....it's only 6 weeks, so I won't become a God but yeah, I'm excited with it. The students stuff is from the full year diploma and they obviously only show those from people working hard :p

And yeah, I'm pretty excited with the bloodsports! But I'm taking it easy and working on it only onlive, the plan is to finish sketches/studies this week so I can spend the live streams of next week on the final illustration :)

Silhouettes painted this morning

[Image: bssil1.jpg]
Do you mean 3 courses at once? How is that possible, aren't students supposed to have a lot of homework?

Ninjac

Cool, yea now that I look closer at your work I can see you understand flow lines. Cool thumbnails. I like the comps you have so far. My only suggestion would be to try some different high or low camera angles to push the drama.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15