Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Isra's sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
nice! i would suggest beefing up the neck to suit the rest of his body a bit :)
Thanks once again for the comments!!

Ben, you mean the neck of the dragon or the lion? Because the lion has actually no neck haha. But it's true that beefing up the dragon's "neck" a bit is a good point and I'll try to do it :)
Bloodsports 11

[Image: bloodsportsfinalfinal.jpg]

[Image: bloodsports11makingof.jpg]
I really like the depth and and energy. Colors (and the whole thing) reminds me some illustrations from Terry Pratchett books, which means it's very interesting from an artistic point of view. The thing that strikes me the most (negatively) is that the perspective is inconsistent.
Thank you Piotr!

Yeah, I know the lines in the building on the left doesn't match the vanishing points, that happened because I changed the composition a bit after the initial sketch in which I used a 3 point perspective with a tilted horizon line, but then I thought it wouldn't be that bad considering it's the building the dragon hits and those are floating islands so the hit could tilt the island (excuses :p)

Then the lines on the floor on the right building don't match either, I applied the texture and at that point I didn't have any layer with the perspective lines and just guessed it (badly lol) because I was tired and out of time.

I almost dead at night (24h awake once again haha) so it's not that bad. If there wasn't a deadline checking it with fresh eyes the day after would have been the best to notices the mistakes you pointed :)
Yeah, perspective is a tricky thing, I still strugle with it. One of the main reasons I'd love to take the FZD course.

Also, it's very helpful to switch the image vertically to check the perspective. I'm aware You already know that, but I also knew and ususally forgot to do it when I should (which ultimately ended in noticing the mistake way too late in the process).

Anyway, keep up the good work!
Oh, now that you say that, it's curious how I'm extremely used to flip it horizontally (I do it a lot of times while painting and helps me to fix many mistakes) but almost never vertically, and I think I didn't for this one, I'll try to flip it vertically too from now on :)

Thank you
Great work man, i just saw it on facebook, really loving it man! the colors amazed me :)
(06-04-2012, 01:21 AM)isra-ac Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, now that you say that, it's curious how I'm extremely used to flip it horizontally (I do it a lot of times while painting and helps me to fix many mistakes) but almost never vertically, and I think I didn't for this one, I'll try to flip it vertically too from now on :)

Thank you
Ops, I meant horizontally :P
But, the vertical flip might be a good idea. I have to try it too, ha ha. :)

Tower Bridge study from the livestream

[Image: towerbridgestudy.jpg]
Awesome Bloodsports Isra :)
Isra, in case You didn't notice - I've sent You a PM.

Good study. Do you plan to add colors?
Thank you Sula! <3

And thank you Piotr. No I won't add color's these studies are just for design, perspective and hand drawing :) (Just replied to your PM btw)
I hope that after the FZd course You will share some knowledge and experience. How many hours of lectures a day will You have?
WIP of a painting I started last night on livestream. Not sure when I will finish it though since I have other stuff to do before :S

[Image: crazy.jpg]
Great progress throughout Isra!!
I love the living statue illustration, such an action packed piece and a really nice creature design.
Thank you Mactire!

I know I told I didn't know when I could finish this but.....after 2 days of intense live streaming I finished it XD

[Image: punchonface.jpg]
Last illustration

[Image: robotbirdcs6.jpg]

and an important blog update talking about my failure on the 3 weeks of death

http://isrartistic.com/2012/06/14/3-week...her-stuff/
Last one looks quite nice. I bit too high contrast in some parts of the image, though. Wings look great, however it seems to me something is wrong about birds legs (they are probably too wide apart, I'm not very good when it comes to this part of anatomy, so I am not entirely sure).
Thanks for the comment Piotr

Here's a quick sketch I started this morning on my livestream pre-Singapore. No idea if I will ever finish it lol

[Image: spiderdude.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15