Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Ragecandy's sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, this is my first time posting in an art forum, I'm 21 and I'm from Mexico :D

So yeah, I've been doing digital art for like 4 years but I feel like I never studied seriously, maybe only a bit of anatomy, but I feel like my fundamentals are really lacking in general, the thing is that I drew pretty much exlusivley anime for a while, so I feel like I learned a lot of stuff wrong, I never really learnt how to paint form and I struggle a ton with perspective.

Right now I'm trying to get to a level good enough for something like TCG art, I actually just left school, so I'll try to study as much as I can. 

I've been studying from the Scott Robertson's How to draw book for perspective and Loomis and quickposes for anatomy, also I want to do some master and screencap studies, so umm yeah that's a lot, I hope this sketchbook keeps me motivated, I feel like I need a place to post art stuff without worrying about favorites or likes... 

photo studies:
[Image: 60JctRv.png]
[Image: GJmWEkG.jpg]
Quickposes:

[Image: Q38yRMf.png]

[Image: dn7jTJi.jpg]

Failed attempts at concepti art orz:

[Image: aZFF6W7.jpg]
[Image: rArlO9i.png]
Nice start on your sketchbook. You gestures/poses are really good imo. Keep them sketches coming!
(04-17-2016, 01:13 PM)BrushNoir Wrote: [ -> ]Nice start on your sketchbook. You gestures/poses are really good imo. Keep them sketches coming!

thanks man!, and yeah I'll try to update regularly
Couple of sketches from refference:

[Image: M65rX0b.jpg]

[Image: 3FkOGyt.jpg]
Nice drawings! post moar?
(04-21-2016, 03:58 AM)Adam Lina Wrote: [ -> ]Nice drawings! post moar?

thanks man!, yeah I will hahah
Hey guys, I've been sketching and stuff but I've been too lazy to upload the stuff haha! orz.

I got hyped by the jungle book so I drew a couple of apes xD, hard stuff cause I've been drawing almost only pretty girls for ages lol, I did use to draw a lot of animals and monsters when I was younger so I'll try to retake that a bit in this sketchbook...

[Image: 2PN3sbA.png?1]
[Image: MaHlj5L.png?1]

The thing I liked the most/ found the most stricking was the arm's proportions so I tried to aply those on 
something:

[Image: cOC4shd.jpg?1]

Then this guy is supposed to be Michael Fassbender, I think it looks like I'm decent at portraits but I do stuggle a lot with getting the likeness right, if anyone has advice I'll be glad orz.

[Image: mHSRleI.png?1]
April Bowlby Study

[Image: SPz9q0E.png]