Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: CE RL's CC 2 WIP: LATE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Composition designs, creature designs, and final line drawing. STILL working on final
It's great you do this! Good luck :)
(04-25-2016, 03:18 PM)Piotr Jasielski Wrote: [ -> ]It's great you do this! Good luck :)

Final, Late, but glad it's done!
Hey here's a quick crit and paintover!

First thing that jumps out with your image, is everything is very smooth, as if it's all made of the same material. so I added some quick texture on the creature.

I enlarged the creature to make him appear more terrifying, and follow the rule of thirds a little better. 

unified the lighting and added a secondary warmer light source to help define the forms in shadow and add cool vs warm contrast. Also darkened the moon and sky around his head a little so the creature stands out - light on dark dark on light. 

Also may bay a little goofy but I added some red eyes just to push the monster as the focal.  

[attachment=84689]
Looking at it again, his pose also doesn't represent a hunter or the situation very well, it's like he's looking out at a beautiful view covering his eyes from the sun.

Gotta think how you'd react to some disgusting giant monster just crashing through the roof, unless you're a psychopath you're gonna be startled, and you'll likely jump into a defensive stance.
Thanks for the crits, man. I really think enlarging the monster, changing the pose of the protagonist, adding a warm light, placing an eye catching element on the monster face, and developing the texture are GREAT suggestions.

I'm working on integrating your points ASAP!
Added crits:
Definite improvement! happy to see you applied them!
I'm so stoked you finished this even though you didn't submit a final!!! I would say the environment is a bit abstract, and could probably be given more of a Bloodborne context with some shape language work...but yeah, great stuff man. Finishing after the fact is hard and you did it!
Whoa that looks great! I like your color choice, it's what I keep struggling with after the CC2. And that sweet texture on the creature's belly! I agree with Amit that adding some more detailed environent would be good, some gothic architecture. And maybe making a piece of another hand of the monster visible would make it more beleivable. Thumbs up for finishing your submission!