Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: CC6 - Warlock and serpent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Alessio

Alright, this is the first time i post here.

In the images below you'll find my entry for the challenge, a wip and some of the images which inspired me the most. I did not include the references i used because there's way too many of them and i don't really see the point. I think it's way more useful to see what made me take the direction i took with the image.

The first picture is my entry,
I wanted to have a VERY low light setting, where the eyes would almost have to adjust to the dark before everything becomes clear. I only rendered some crucial details, leaving most of the image in shadow, to go with the dark and mysterious feel.

The second picture contains some images which inspired me a lot.
The red one on the right may not look like much but it made me go from landscape to portrait. Until then i was sure i wanted a big scene where the two figured would appear in their natural habitat, doing stuff. But i figured a portrait would make the figures tower over the viewer while also seeming more unsettling because of the verticality. Maybe.

And finally, if you're really interested, the third picture contains a few steps for the final image.
I actually managed to stick to the initial sketch, which is a huge victory for me. The absurd amount of shadow probably helped a lot.