Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Seeking critique/portfolio builder partner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys.

Who I am:
I'm Miguel, I'm 27 years old (say hi to the dinosaur, kids), I've been working with digital since I was 14 and went to high school for multimedia design. I graduated last year from art and design college as well and now I've spent the last year refining the fundamentals of art.

What I'm pursuing:
What I'm looking for is to build a entry level portfolio for concept art, after having done some graphic design for several companies along the years, I decided that working for concept art studios was the thing I enjoyed to work on the most. 
I'm looking for a partner who I can team up with and give and receive critique/paintovers/notes/advice about our on going projects, if you'd like to collaborate, that'd be fine too, I've had only good experiences doing that.
I'm active on GMT timezone, I've recently taken a one week break to find my voice again, I feel my designs are too stiff, and I'm making a new schedule somewhere in between 6 to 10 hours a day soon.

My portfolio http://migno.artstation.com which at the moment I don't like 100%. I'm hoping I can build a portfolio based off what I know about design now and using the art side of things too. I used to be very raw, fast and bold with my graphic design and I'm hoping to get that 'punk rock' way to design into concept art, now that the fundamentals are kinda out of the way and good enough (fundamentals are never mastered anyway)

My past studying schedules:
I've worked for 9 hours a day on projects +2 hours of studies from life, photos and master copies, + 2 hours from books and tutorials. ~ After three months, my head was entering into a pinball tilt, I found that I improved a lot but I was too tired.

I've done another schedule for 6 hours a day + 2 of tutorials/books but I found it was too relaxing.

Anyway, if you're still reading just send me a PM or reply here, anything goes. :)