Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Coinhero's sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-11-2017, 05:12 PM)soldatti Wrote: [ -> ]Nice! So inspiring! I've spent some good amount time on your thread, everything is beautiful.

Would you mind if I do some re-reading of your artwork for personal study?

I'm new to digital work and need some references to study. It's kinda hard for me to start something out of a blank canvas or even looking at a photo so I usually seek for some artists work to inspire and help me.
Yea sure go for it and thanks for the kind words
[Image: jFy3KsC.jpg]
It feels so weird when I flip the canvas and like it more[Image: tumblr_ot1dkzIr2b1suoh70o1_1280.jpg]
howtobreakyourneck.jpg[Image: 1lggqKh.jpg]
I had to stop because my brain overheated. I'm gonna watch the trees outside for a bit.
[Image: E7H3YWg.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_ot6zxxLVfq1suoh70o1_1280.jpg]
[Image: IaozMVt.jpg]
When I save an image to jpeg all the dark areas become pure black while it looks good in photoshop. What should I do?
[Image: tumblr_otao8smzJZ1suoh70o1_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_otao8smzJZ1suoh70o2_1280.gif]
[Image: ks8dpFS.jpg]
[Image: Mq0fdOY.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_otg5joOGgZ1suoh70o1_1280.jpg]
[Image: NXDx0xI.jpg]
I'm going to be gone for a few days (Rip 100 day streak)[Image: tmSDeGc.jpg]
I'm back from my little adventure
This drawing really isn't going anywhere and I got what I wanted out of it so I don't think I'm going to work on it anymore [Image: ax5jNyh.jpg]
couldn't paint much today
[Image: Qykycla.jpg]
Yoooo starcraft remastered hyyeppee[Image: tumblr_otx2boedP81suoh70o1_1280.jpg]
I hate how much I rely on brushes and gimmicks, the reason why my drawings look shit is just bad fundamentals and slapping a million different brush textures and random mixer brush strokes doesn't do me any favors. I'm going to try and paint with mostly the hard round brush for a while. I think it would help me focus on the stuff that matters... I'm emotional and stuff idk[Image: 9PxMOfG.jpg]
my 0,02$

While i do agree that fundamentals are the most important things to master -I also believe that if mixer brushes/texture brushes make your painting look better in the end you should use them :) especially if you like the way it looks..

You could use them less maybe? I like the way craig mullins uses them.Who doesn t? lol

That being said, i love the way you painted the sky in the goat picture  Thumbs_up
(08-01-2017, 01:43 AM)chrisbojan Wrote: [ -> ]my 0,02$

While i do agree that fundamentals are the most important things to master -I also believe that if mixer brushes/texture brushes make your painting look better in the end you should use them :) especially if you like the way it looks..

You could use them less maybe? I like the way craig mullins uses them.Who doesn t? lol

That being said, i love the way you painted the sky in the goat picture  Thumbs_up

I'l figure out a good balance now that I'm less frustrated and ate a shit ton of pizza
I went through you sb and I saw a lot of pictures here but I didn't see any studies that could help you. You're trying to do very complex things without any basic knowledge of it. You draw faces, but you don't know the structure of it, how a face looks like in different angles, how light works, how perspective works. Draw simple things, study fundamentals. And don't do studies just because you need to do it. Try to understand what you need and then do it. There is a hell lot of info on the internet. Dig in, try hard, fail, try more.