Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Inking help! Really need the opinion of my fellow artist!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone I just had a small question that I need a little help with. I would love to one day be a professional concept artist or character designer. I typically use a lot of line work and inking with my work and then render it digitally. I just wanted to know if that's a good idea.

Should I just give up ever attempting to Ink anything? Is that a feasible option when it comes to doing concept art or character design?
Na, you shouldn't give up a medium just because of work. You can always make the two mediums work in harmony; traditional and digital.

This is my personal opinion, but I think it's better if you work towards what you want and not what any particular company wants of you, otherwise you might end up hating what you do.
Okay thanks for the advice. It's just that I don't see a lot of concept art rendered in what has sorta become my preferred style. But your right I should work towards what I want