Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Newbie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys! My name is Isabella, but you can call me Bella, it sounds better haha. 

Well, I'm a video game development student from Brazil and I want to be an illustrator (oh, and I also want to work at CD Projekt Red one day hahaha), I always enjoyed drawing, since I was a little child, but I've never had any kind of art lessons (only at college, but it wasn't really good), so I don't have a consistent knowledge of anatomy, proportion, perspective, composition... well, the basics of design... Anyway, I actually started studying all of it about 6 months ago, and I believe I'm improving, but I'm still a little confused, so I hope some of you guys can help me to get things clearer haha.

Thank you, guys! I hope I'll make some friends in here, since I don't know many artists  Tongue

See ya :)
Hey Dreschler.

Quote:so I don't have a consistent knowledge of anatomy, proportion, perspective, composition... well, the basics of design...

Basics of design: crash course video by our very own Amit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh0kwBIW2Hw
Anatomy and proportion : Figure Drawing For All It's Worth by Andrew Loomis can be found here http://www.alexhays.com/loomis/
Perspective : How To Draw by Scott Robertson, David Chelsea's Perspective for Comic Book Artists
Composition : Creative Illustration by Andrew Loomis (also can be found at alexhays.com/loomis/)

Make a sketchbook! Update often! Welcome to the Crimson Daggers!
Hi Bella!

You seem to struggle with the same things most people do,
so create a sketchbook and join us moving forward, welcome to the Crimson Daggers:)
Welcome to Crimson Daggers Dreschler :)

In addition to the great advice you've already received, I'd also reccomend Dorian Iten's Accuracy Guide, very useful in my experience.

Good luck!
Thank you guys! I just created a Sketchbook, hope I'll see you there!