Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Character design
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I made this new digital painting concept, Your comments are welcome
Welcome to Crimson Daggers Master-of-art!

Nice illustration - I like the story elements in it - the blue energy flowing through his veins presumably from the glowing blue gem?

I feel like maybe you could have pushed the values a bit - particularly on his torso - making your darks a bit darker to contrast with the lights.

Cool illustration overall though - hope this helps - if not please ignore :).

Looking forward to more :).
Digital painting is one of the new arts that many people still do not know. I am also a novice in this model of design, but if I want to comment on this work, the colors are a little soft for this character. If a little faster colors were used, it would give better results.
(12-25-2020, 01:54 AM)Artloader Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to Crimson Daggers Master-of-art!

Nice illustration - I like the story elements in it - the blue energy flowing through his veins presumably from the glowing blue gem?

I feel like maybe you could have pushed the values a bit - particularly on his torso - making your darks a bit darker to contrast with the lights.

Cool illustration overall though - hope this helps - if not please ignore :).

Looking forward to more :).

Hey! Story elements yes, super cool, interesting clothing, weapon design, the magic element. All very good ingredients, but when cooking the soup you missed some things.

I did a super-dirty overpaint to help you out. I'm not a character designer so take my advice with a grain of salt. 
Comments are all on the image!

[attachment=120178]

Good luck and keep 'em coming!