Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Crimson COW #11 - Animal Gods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

This week's theme and brief by previous winner, Xeul

Creature of the Week #11
»Animal Gods«

"Just as humans have gods to worship, so do other animals and creatures. This creature's deity is an otherworldly, powerful and strange version of its mundane counterpart."

The best of the COWs will be picked by an anonymous poll in the Finals thread and the winner is given the opportunity to pick the theme of the next COW's design, as well as becoming the title banner for that week! So go hard, design something interesting and unique!

Guidelines:
  • No photograph paint overs, must be 100% original work. (See next rule for exception)
  • 3D is permitted and renders MAY be used as whole or in part of a painting, as long as YOU created the work. Pre-made and/or purchased online assets are forbidden.
  • Studies are recommended, but not required.
  • There is no restriction on image formats (horizontal, vertical, square).
  • Environment backgrounds are optional.
  • Keep in mind you are not required to stick to what is in the passage. It is more of a guide in terms of mood.

Rules:
  • You must post at least one WIP in the WIP thread to be accepted into the final poll.
  • Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline.
  • This has to be a creature, but humans can be with the creature. Humanoid creatures are allowed.
  • At least 3/4 of the creature must be visible.
  • Only ONE submission per person in the finals thread.
  • No fanart. We want to see your original, unique interpretations!
  • Voting will be held for 5 days after the deadline.
  • In an event of a tiebreaker, a winner will be chosen through a randomized name picker.

Deadline is Saturday, September 18th @ UTC: 23:59

-+|| WIP THREAD ||+-
This prompt makes me think of this and nothing else: https://imgur.com/gallery/AhjBYNq
That's as good of an interpretation as any, LOL
This sounds really cool and I want to do it, but i literally cannot think of what it would look like. Like what is a bird's concept of God, if it had one? a bigger bird? my head hurt.
I provide more examples for enrichment - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0AbfALSlkg
(09-01-2021, 09:27 PM)RottenPocket Wrote: [ -> ]I provide more examples for enrichment - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0AbfALSlkg

I saw that video the other day! It's so sweet I love it. It's like Untitled Goose Game IRL. 
Are they not geese though?
Probably but they also probably this he's speaking to them in tongues.
shiet is the DL today?? I just read the prompt and I need to work today too
You know what Neo, I'm extending this one by a week. I think it's the right thing to do.
I'm glad, i tried to contribute but my week was pretty hectic. 

Did have trouble picking an animal because I ended up distracted by animal memes. I figured I'd go with a Mayfly, as they only live for a short time so maybe they worship 'the eternal fly'.
Looks good, very celestial. Human gods often have some fantastical or animal features, so I'm digging the semi-humanoid look.