Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Crimson CHOW #38 - Object of Desire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

This week's theme and brief by previous winner, RottenPocket

Crimson Character of the Week #38
Object of Desire

"Something or someone that embodies what is coveted, lusted after or envied - your object can draw from anything from the siren of Jibaro, a hunted mythical beast or of lost relics like the Holy Grail."

The best of the CHOWs will be picked by an anonymous poll in the Finals thread and the winner is given the opportunity to pick the theme of the next CHOW's design, as well as becoming the title banner for that week! So go hard, design something interesting and unique!

Guidelines:
  • No photograph paint overs, must be 100% original work. (See next rule for exception)
  • 3D is permitted and renders MAY be used as whole or in part of a painting, as long as YOU created the work. Pre-made and/or purchased, online, assets are forbidden.
  • There is no restriction on the character's gender, time period or culture.
  • Studies are recommended, but not required.
  • There is no restriction on image formats (horizontal, vertical, square).
  • Environment backgrounds are optional.
  • Keep in mind you are not required to stick to what is in the passage. It is more of a guide in terms of mood.

Rules:
  • You must post at least one WIP in the WIP thread to be accepted into the final poll.
  • Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline.
  • At least 3/4 of the character must be visible (minimum from the knees up).
  • Only ONE submission per person in the finals thread.
  • No fanart. We want to see your original, unique interpretations!
  • Voting will be held for 5 days after the deadline.
  • In an event of a tiebreaker, a winner will be chosen through a randomized name picker.

Deadline is Saturday, August 13th @ UTC: 23:59

-+|| WIP THREAD ||+-
I highly doubt I'm gonna finish this by July 30th, I just started it today. I was thinking about doing this one for a while, but just kept being like naaah. But I had this idea that was kind of inspired by this so I decided to start it. I decided to kind of take the prompt literally and think about what could be literally and object that is desirable, but also represent a being that is an "object of desire".

It's like an abstract-ish fertility statue with four faces in the forest that a culture brings offerings to as an idol. Basically they worship big booba. It'll be a while before the surroundings really look like much, but once I give it attention i think it will make sense. I really want to work on having some really nice chunky forms, which I can practice on the carved stone. And also using reference to make good shapes for foliage/rocks. I've realised that there's so many awesome looking groups of trees and rocks out there in the world that it's like stupid to not make use of them. Like why do I insist on making up my own lame trees and plants and stuff?
I figure i could manage to fit myself into this challenge.I suppose it not forbbiden to enter old work that fit the theme?(Loophole?)Also what WIP... is anything really finish ever(Loophole?)

So here we go a treasure chest does anything say Object of Desire more than that? Enough gold to make friend become enemy.
(07-28-2022, 01:31 PM)JosephCow Wrote: [ -> ]I highly doubt I'm gonna finish this by July 30th, I just started it today. I was thinking about doing this one for a while, but just kept being like naaah. But I had this idea that was kind of inspired by this so I decided to start it. I decided to kind of take the prompt literally and think about what could be literally and object that is desirable, but also represent a being that is an "object of desire".

It's like an abstract-ish fertility statue with four faces in the forest that a culture brings offerings to as an idol. Basically they worship big booba. It'll be a while before the surroundings really look like much, but once I give it attention i think it will make sense. I really want to work on having some really nice chunky forms, which I can practice on the carved stone. And also using reference to make good shapes for foliage/rocks. I've realised that there's so many awesome looking groups of trees and rocks out there in the world that it's like stupid to not make use of them. Like why do I insist on making up my own lame trees and plants and stuff?

Awwe, she's beautiful. 

There are some wild designs in nature I definitely take more photos than what I make use of, if I ever make use of it. Nothing wrong with winging it but will be cool to see what inspires you  Thumbs_up
Quote:Awwe, she's beautiful. 

There are some wild designs in nature I definitely take more photos than what I make use of, if I ever make use of it. Nothing wrong with winging it but will be cool to see what inspires you  Thumbs_up

Yeah i mean, at the end of the day its made up, but I also have all these photos I've taken where I'm like wow this would be great reference, and then I don't use it lol.
I'm thinking of extending the deadline for this one since we got participants with 2 days left. I'll extend it by at least a week if you guys have no objections.

EDIT: I extended it by 2 weeks.
Sounds good! thanks!
Might have a little time to have some fun with this one, hopefully I can get a chance to post a final and join you guys.

When Skeeto found the elegant series 3 he became the envy of the colony, a true object of desire among the mischief 

[attachment=126028]
(03-28-2023, 11:52 AM)alihahara Wrote: [ -> ]Since we only had participation with 2 days left, I'm considering extending the deadline. If there are no concerns, I'll add at least a week.

Man I don't like these subtle bots with tiny advertisements in their signatures. Especially not when they do such a good impression of me. Why couldn't everyone have just stuck with bots that post stuff like PENIS ENLARGEMENT NOW! CALL 1-800-BIG-DICK!
HAHA i was wondering what the heck all that was about! it was a very good impression...only 5 months too late :P